Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Using Toolset Maps to enter address data

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 8 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to use the new Toolset Maps function to add accurate address data to custom posts.
I've added the new "Address" field to the custom fields for my CPT.

I'm finding it difficult to pin down the exact addresses.
The auto-complete is sometimes helpful, sometimes not (I appreciate this is Google's data and out of your control).
When the red marker appears on the map, one naturally expects to be able to click and drag it to the desired location, and for this location to then populate the lats/longs etc.
However, when I do drag the marker around, it always just resets to the nearest Town, in a very non-specific way. Even if I zoom in to the point where you can see the individual establishments' own Google Map listings, you cannot just move the marker on to them to make sure that the address for that specific place is logged.

Any advice please?
Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time..)

many thanks
Alan

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately as you imagine that this is an issue that stems to the google maps service.

Could you provide me with the exact address of the business so I can see the issue ?

Also are you able to find the exact address on the maps.google.com website ?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response so that you can securely provide me with the address.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

It doesn't seem to work anywhere, on any address, unless you're lucky enough that whatever you're looking for comes in the auto-complete. Most of the time it does not come up in the auto-complete, and so the obvious thing to try to do is to manually click and drag the red marker to drop it on the actual desired location.
Wherever you drop the red marker, it never selects a specific address. Instead it will zoom out and choose the city or even the county.
This happens, as I mentioned, even if you zoom right in on a very specific property e.g. a business that exists within the google map (and yes, I've tried it with business I can find on maps.google.com)

It would be useful if these two things were possible. (The first is absolutely essential in my view.)
a) drag and drop the red marker, to return the lat/long of the chosen point.
b) where the location already exists in google maps (e.g. a business), there could be an option to right click > use this address.

Without at least a) working, I'm not sure how anyone can use this to gather address data, because it's impossible to specify an actual address.

Unless I'm missing something??

I'm seeing this issue on a live site and on a totally clean, local test site.

thanks for your help 🙂
Alan

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alan,

I was able to replicate this issue that you are having.

What I can do is to report the problem to our development team to see what can be done about this.

You ticket will be escalated.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane.

I'm surprised it hasn't been reported before, as it seems so crucial.
Without the ability to drag the marker to an exact point and have that position logged, it's not possible to use the plugin in a meaningful way.

Thanks again
Alan

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alan,

It seems that this is a known issue and our development team is currently working on resolving it.

We should be seeing a fix for this in our next release.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your help Shane.
It would be helpful in these circumstances to indicate a timescale for when the next release is due.

thanks again
Alan

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alan,

I still cannot give a timeline but I see where on our internal ticket that this has been marked as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.