Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Using Categories

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 24 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I decided to use Categories on Types and within that I have created the 3 categories as per earlier ticket, what I need to know is how can I create a templet to display only one category of items.

I have 3 x categories and i want each category to be on it's own archive page

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Please check the following Doc and try to follow the instructions and try to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/creating-taxonomy-term-archives/

Hi, this seems extremely complicated, I would prefer to use templates. I am trying to create with WordPress Archives in Toolset

Minesh
Supporter

It makes no sense.
I have created a basic layout template in WordPress Archive, now I want to show this on a page, I see no shortcode at all.

I have 3 x categories, and ideally I want First Aid Training Courses category to show on the First Aid page, and etc etc, so my plan is to make an archive for First Aid Training Courses and then add this template to my page with shortcode, and then I can replicate each template for each page. So that I have 3 website pages, displaying archive courses for the 3 categories.

See here, now on this page I would like to list only the First Aid Training Courses.
hidden link

Life Support training will go here
hidden link

Mandatory Training to go here
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

As I can see that - you have created three different pages where you want to list the specific category information.

See here, now on this page I would like to list only the First Aid Training Courses.
hidden link
=> Above page should display the "first-aid-training" term information.

Life Support training will go here
hidden link
=> Above page should display the "life-support-training" term information.

Mandatory Training to go here
hidden link
=> Above page should display the "online-mandatory-training" term information.

If above is true - you should create a taxonomy view and select your taxonomy and add a query filter using the "Query Filter" section and add the term filter and select to filter by shortcode attribute. "Terms with ID set by the shortcode attribute:"

And when you add the view:

[wpv-view name="your-view-slug" terms="999"]

Where:
- Replace 999 with the term ID.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/#controlling-the-filter-with-shortcode-attributes

Hi Minesh,

You lose me when you say I need to create a taxonomy View and then a Query Filter. Are you able to assist, please? I have created a WordPress Archive and I assume this is incorrect.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm passing this ticket to my colleague (Shane) who works exclusively in the same timezone you are active mainly. That helps not to wait too long as I need to close the day at this end.

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

To back up a bit you want to create a different category style for each of your categories?

So if there are 3 categories then you want each of them to be displayed different on their respective archive page?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

Yes, there is one set of TYPES in admin, however, I will need them to show on different pages. I currently have 11 courses set up in admin that should be shared across 2 categories (5 in one, and 6 in the other), but there is a 3rd category that has no courses set up yet.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

This is possible but not practical, The reason is because you can only design an archive template generally for your taxonomy.

This would mean you will get all your taxonomies displaying using the same layout.

However what you can do is to use our views conditional to check which taxonomy is being displayed and then within that conditional you write your own custom layout code.

This will require a separate conditional for each of the terms.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I am happy to take your lead on this, as long as it is possible to have those 3 categories on the 3 pages, are you able to help me set that up?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

You want 3 separate pages for your 3 categories?

Are they going to be added to the menu ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.