Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Using Bootstrap with Astra

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Toolset has an option for loading Bootstrap 4. Where does the source CSS file live? If I customize it, is there any risk it gets overwritten when a new release of Toolset comes out?

Solution:

No, it is not recommended to hack Toolset plugin files, any change will be overridden when you upgrade Toolset plugins.

So you can disable Toolset options for loading Bootstrap 4, then load your own Bootstrap 4 files manually

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by aaronM-9 Il y a 3 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Astra-vs-Bootstrap.jpg

Can you tell me if there is an easy way for Bootstrap 4 to use background colors, button colors, etc., from Astra? Right now, Bootstrap colors seem to override Astra settings. For example, in the attached screenshot you can see the list group under "Upcoming Events" shows a white background even though Astra has set content to have a slight transparency. Similarly, when I apply the btn-primary class to links in the button role, it uses the Bootstrap blue instead of the green set in the Astra settings.

I'd prefer to avoid a bunch of custom code and am hoping there is an "easy" way to resolve the conflict. Thanks in advance.

- Aaron

Hello,

I assume we are talking about bootstrap version 4 from:
hidden link

If it is, please follow bootstrap document to setup your CSS/HTML codes:
hidden link

Sorry, this isn't a particularly helpful answer. Toolset has an option for loading Bootstrap 4. Where does the source CSS file live? If I customize it, is there any risk it gets overwritten when a new release of Toolset comes out?

No, it is not recommended to hack Toolset plugin files, any change will be overridden when you upgrade Toolset plugins.

So you can disable Toolset options for loading Bootstrap 4, then load your own Bootstrap 4 files manually, for example:
hidden link

Sorry for not responding. We had a major snowstorm and have been snowed in for a couple days. Just replying to keep this topic open. Thanks again for your help and I'll pick this back up in the next couple days!

I have marked this thread as waiting for feedback status, you can update here if you need more assistance for it.

Understood - thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.