Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Use of standard post comments box in view

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Robert Campbell Il y a 5 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I am creating a view which displays a number of posts (news stories) using the default wordpress post type.

I want the standard wordpress comments box to appear at the bottom of each post within the view but I can't find any way to do this.

I am using the Toolset starter theme but I don't want to use Toolset layouts in this particular site.

Can you help please.

Regards

Robert

Hide-comments.JPG

Dear Robert,

The Toolset starter theme has been discontinued:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-starter-theme/
Here is the list of "Recommended themes":
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

So we don't recommend you use it in your new project, if it is a old website, please check these:
1) The wordpress comments box is supposed to display in the single post, but not the each item of a post view.
2) If it is a single post, please check if there is any Toolset form in it, if there is, edit the Toolset form, and disable the option "Hide comments when displaying this form", see screenshot Hide-comments.JPG
3) Deactivate other plugins and switch to original Toolset starter theme, and test again

Dear Luo

Thanks for the advice. My client wanted a comment facility at the bottom of every post within the loop, so now that I know this is not possible using the standard wordpress comment box I'll look at a CRED based solution.

Noted re the Toolset starter theme. I'll tried to find an alternative from elsewhere for new sites.

Regards

Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.