Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Unable to edit layout. Pencil not visible and error in .js console invalid char

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by fred-r.M Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2559-08-23 at 4.40.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2559-08-23 at 4.40.19 PM.png

I am trying to: Edit a layout (Home Page)

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The Pencil icon -- it shows up if I open an incognito window (or use a new computer) - but only on the first view of that edit page. Every visit to that page after - no 'edit pencil' visible on mouseover.

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Fred,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I suspect that this issue is being caused by a plugin conflict.

What I recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you have done this please let me know if it works.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Sorry for late response. I was able to determine that when a related view contains inline javascript - the edit page will not function.

When I remove all inline js - I can edit the layout again. We need to use the inline javascript to place a 3rd party search form into the page. If you have any other ideas of how to do this, so we do not have to remove it/restore it - every time we edit that page - we'd sure appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.