Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Unable to create new child posts for any parent

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Auteur
Publications

A specific parent is automatically assigned to all the forms no matter in which parent's content template the create child post link exists. When I try to create a new child for this parent the following message appears:

"These two elements are already associated and the relationship doesn't allow non-distinct associations."

When I try to create a child for any other parent then this message appears:

"The element CRED Auto Draft 92d4dd841af451723f0863797e5752d7 has already the maximum allowed amount of associations (1) as in the relationship Consultants Events"

Although I have deleted all the childs from the trash, I still cannot create a new child for any parent. Why may this is happening and how I could solve this issue?

It sounds like you have a O2M (One To Many) relationship or at least a M2M (Many To Many) with a restricted amount of connected posts.

I am not sure which you use.

Can you either send me a copy of a simple example site that shows this issue, or let me see this setup in the backend of the current site?

I see that you tagged the ticket here as well with the "CRED API" Tag - are you using some custom code on those forms?
I'd need to know about it, although relationship forms cannot yet apply the API, so I don't think you use any.

To replicate this as fast as possible I'd need to know what Post Types are connected how, and what exact form you insert where.

Then I can try to see if I can reproduce the error and hence, report to the developers, or a misunderstanding of the Plugin or simple mistake and can update you about it.

Thanks!

I see the relationship allows 1 to many (endless) relations so that should not be the issue.
May I ask, have you edited that limit in past eventually and reset?
(In Toolset > Relationships > Edit)

And I was able to submit the form successfully.
I do not unterstand the issue.

On the page hidden link I saw the form is populated with the parent, and then when I submit it (Toolset Test Post review) it works, no error is made.
Even the parent is connected to this new child.
The next form I could as well submit (for xaris)

It's as well connected fine, and I can again create a post for Kostas...

I see no warnings.

changing state

Hello Beda,

I cannot understand... I deleted all the cookies, I tried from different browser and still the same warnings appear. I am not able to create a new child for any parent. I had changed the relationship after the problem had appeared to many to many and then I changed it again back to one to many. It's very wird... I have deleted the cookies and still the cred form has different behaviour for me and different for you. This is a test site, but I need to find out why this is happening in order to prevent to happen again to the users when the site will go live. I want to create a booking app and if it will happen to the users they will not be able to book a service.

>I had changed the relationship after the problem had appeared to many to many and then I changed it again back to one to many

There is an issue (and that is why I asked) where if you changed the limits, and reset them, they where not reset, and there where other similar issues too, but all of them (inclusive this) should be solved in the latest stable releases:
https://toolset.com/errata/unable-to-adjust-the-limit-of-possible-connected-posts-in-migrated-post-relationships/

Since the form worked fine for me on your very example which for you is broken, the only differences can be:
- User Role
- User Itself (sometimes users are corrupted and need to be deleted)
- Specific step when submitting the form (maybe you can elaborate steps by steps or screenshots in case there is something very specific you think I missed, although, I followed the detailed description I had from you which seemed to the point)
- ISP/Router/Machine/Browser etc

I would also suggest trying to re-save all involved elements such as the form (maybe even create a new autogenerated one) to see if that resolves the issue of your site.

If not, please try to add as many details you can to the steps so I can try again, maybe with another user, which you use as well or similar.

Dear Beda,

Now it works... I have not changed anything, it just works. I wish this issue won't appear again in the future. Thank you so much for your time and for your support!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.