Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Types user fields, php questions

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by dariuszP Il y a 8 années et 3 mois.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Auteur
Publications

Hi, I have a few questions.

Are user fields created with Types, accesible by standard user meta functions in wordpress?
How to set up a value, using php to a user field created with Types?
If I create a user with php, does the creation of a types user fields is done automaticly?

Bigul
Supporter
2013-10-17_1658.png

Dear Dari,

You can Types fields with standard User Meta fields, like the following.

get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'wpcf-review-intro', true);

You can use update_user_meta function for updating the Types User Meta Fields by code, please check this link for more details http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_user_meta

Please check the attached image, you choose a User role when you create User meta Field Group and fields will be available for the user belonging to that user role.

--
With Regards

Bigul

Thnx for your answer. It makes everything clear for me.
One more thing, is it possible to add category list as a user field (in form of check boxes) using Types?
I don't think it is out of the box functionality, but maybe with some hooks and coding.

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Dari,

Types is helpless for this purpose.

You can do it using our CRED plug-in, it will allow you to create forms for Post Types(Post,Page and Custom Post Types), please check this link for more details
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#CRED

With Regards

Bigul

Yes, but I need to make checkboxes based on categories in admin panel in user settings page. And state of chceckboxes should be part of user meta, just like other fields I created with Types using "user fields". Can I put forms created with CRED in user settings page?

Bigul
Supporter

Dear Dari,

Sorry, it is not possible. Because Category is not a User Meta field.

With Regards

Bigul

Ok, thank you for your help.