Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Trying to add class to checkbox label when input is :checked

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 1 voix.

Last updated by joshM-4 Il y a 7 années et 4 mois.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: use jQuery to add a class to checkbox labels when the checkbox input is in a state of :checked

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: the class added to the label

Instead, I got: the class added for a brief moment and then removed after the search content is updated

I'm using this jQuery to add a class to the parent label of checkbox inputs in the parametric checkboxes because the label is wrapping the input instead of being a sibling to it (inconvenient markup in my opinion). Anyway, the class gets added for a brief moment and then gets overwritten by something ( the search results are set to be updated when any value is updated ).

Here's the jQuery:

jQuery(document).on("change","input[type=checkbox]",function () {
    jQuery(this).parent().toggleClass("chked");
});

I'm not sure what I need to do. I'm trying to add the class so I can style the checkbox display instead of using the ugly default browser checkboxes. But for some reason it's not sticking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I spent the last hour trying to get this to work and just figured it out after submitting the ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.