Skip Navigation

[Résolu] toolset_get_related_posts 'orderby' does not seem to work

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Valeriia Il y a 4 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve the children posts (clog) by date in the descending order (from new to old), but all I get is ascending (from old to new) regardless of what I try.

Before I used to run a rsort() on the resulting array to get the order I need, but now I'm trying to implement the pagination and becomes a problem.

Here is my code:

$posts_per_page = 10;
$current_page = (isset($_GET['clpage'])) ? $_GET['clpage'] : 1;

$clogs = toolset_get_related_posts($profile_id, 'profile-clog', [
        'query_by_role' => 'parent',
        'role_to_return' => 'child',
        'limit' => $posts_per_page,
        'orderby' => 'date',
        'order' => 'DESC',
        'offset' => ($current_page - 1) * $posts_per_page,
        'need_found_rows' => true,
        'args' => [
            'post_status' => 'publish'   
        ],
    ]);

I tried to change 'order' to 'ASC', to order them by ID, but it all gives the same wrong result.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Valeria

If you check the documentation ordering by date is not supported (https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/#toolset_get_related_posts : argument number 7 ).

I'm not sure what would happen if you chose null for orderby, it *could* return the posts in the desired order, but that would be a happy accident if so, and you'd need to test. It seems to be returning the posts ordered by date under the hood, but the order argument may be ignored if orderby is null.

If 'null' doesn't help then there is no solution, I'm afraid.

I know the Types developer is resuming work on improving relationships, and so it would be worth creating a request for such an option: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Oh, so dissapointing... Your developers spend so much time on developping drug-and-drop interfaces and the basics are still not sorted...

I guess I have to redo the architecture without the relationships to sort that out.

All well. You plugins still save me tons of time. I hope to see that working in some future though )

Btw, there is a link "Edit This" under each function example in API (https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/) that everybody sees. It goes nowhere but should not be there in the first place, as I understand. Maybe you want to check it out.

Thank you and have a nice day

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.