Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Starter – Logo not present problem

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by tony Il y a 7 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Toolset Starter Theme without layouts

I have noticed that if you run this theme without a logo, when pages are loaded there is some jumping about whilst the browser sorts out the start position of the body content. I can probably fix it with a transparent image for the logo but maybe a more professional solution would be better than my "bodge".

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Tony

thanks for contacting us.

I set up a local test site with the Toolset starter theme and removed the logo via the customiser and reloaded the page several times and didn't see any problems with how the page loads.

The start of the main content area is determined by the height of the header background image rather than the logo, and I didn't see any issues with loading if I removed that either.

This was with a newly installed Toolset starter theme, without any other modifications.

Rather than adding a transparent logo I would be more inclined to add some CSS to pre-define the height of the header elements as appropriate, though as I don't see the issue I'm not sure what is causing it to occur on your site. I would inspect the header in the browser dev tools.

Is the site visible at a public url?

If you look at a couple of test sites:

hidden link
This has the logo displayed.

hidden link
has the logo disabled.

If you move from page to page, the first website is fine but the second takes a bit of time before the display is finished. If I remove the logo from site 1 or add it to site 2 the reverse happens. If I make the logo a slighly smaller size the adjustment is smaller.

The websites are clean copies of the theme. I also have another site (created clean yesterday) which has a jumpy display (no logo).

Tony

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I did some further digging and see that the issue arises because there are styling adjustments applied via jQuery triggered by onload.

This is because the logo is not a fixed height and different sites may use different height images for the logo. There are probably alternative ways of designing the site CSS which would allow for that without requiring scripting, but for now it is what it is.

If you are using a child theme and your clients will not be changing the images used you could remove the relevant script and manually set the CSS as required, or your, shall we say 'hack', of using a transparent logo would do the trick.

I will speak to our developers about a solution that doesn't require the JavaScript if there is no logo at all.

Thanks Nigel.

I have a couple of other things for your developers to consider for this theme.

When using a static top menu, it works fine until the screen is reduced to mobile width and then you get the menu drop down in the top right corner. The problem is that it only displays half of the menu icon and can be easily missed.

Also it is not fixed - scroll down and the menu icon scrolls too.

Finally, I tend to use a plugin for a scroll to top facility - could this be built in to the theme? Not a problem as I can continue using the plugin, but it could be a simple useful additional feature.
"Scroll to top by Rayhan"

I hope this is of use to you and your developers - it's a nice, simple, no frills theme and we are hoping to adopt it for several websites.

Regards
Tony

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.