Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Forms Notification Email Filters have stopped working

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Send notification emails based on a form field, all email notifications were sent, ignoring the filters.

Solution:

This should be fixed in the latest version of Toolset form plugin 2.0.2.1, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 19 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Darryl Il y a 5 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Thanks for the details, I am checking it in my localhost, will update here if there is anything found

Here are what I found:
Please edit the form "Training Request" (ID: 288), in section "E-mail Notifications", edit the item 993, you are using option "When submitting the form", so this email notification will be triggered when use submit the form, in your case you need to choose another option "When custom fields are modified".

Same as above, you will need to edit other items: 230 and 1003, then test again.

I understand the setting my notifications that way would make them work, but I hope that's just the temporary solution.

I'm creating a new post and not modifying an existing post, I'm not really "modifying" those fields.

What is the point of the "When submitting the form" setting then?

Can you verify for me that this is being reported as a bug that will be fixed?

This is permanent solution, for the question:
What is the point of the "When submitting the form" setting then?
As I mentioned above, it means when user submit the Toolset form, the Notification Email will be triggered, in your case it needs the option "When custom fields are modified".
see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/#send-different-notifications-to-the-site-admin-and-visitor

Thanks for being patient, I was being thick.
I think in one of the upgrades the notification options got changed? I doubt that I would have gone in and changed all of the notification options.

You are 100% correct, my thinking was that the notification options were set as they had been for the past few years and didn't clue in that they were changed from what I thought they were.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.