Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Forms and Essential Grid not compatible

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 4 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot_22_09_2020__11_48.jpg
Screenshot_22_09_2020__11_482.jpg

Trying to edit a Toolset Form, but when Essential Grid is active, the page doen't fully load. We've seen this on many sites using this combination.

Please see attached screenshots.

When deactivating Essential Grid everything works perfect again.
It is just CRED / Toolset Forms that has conflicts.

I can deliver you a copy of the most recent Essential Grid Plugin version.

IMPORTANT: it is not just this website.... it is an all websites we use that have both CRED and Essential Grid (latest version) installed...

Hi, at first glance it looks like a JavaScript error is blocking the Form builder initialization, but I need to dig a bit more. I don't see any open issues related to Essential Grid, so as you mentioned I'll need access to the latest plugin version. I only have a 2.x version available for testing right now. Please post to Dropbox, Drive, or another reputable file-sharing service and provide a download link in your next reply. Please note that all URLs you share in your reply are obfuscated in the forum for privacy, and only visible to you and other support team members.

I'll install it and run some tests in my local environment. If it's easily reproducible I can escalate that to my second tier support team.

Hi Christian,
Thank you for your reply and willingness to further investigate.

Here you go, this is the latest version of Essential Grid:
hidden link

Best regards,
Herre

Got it, thanks. You can delete the plugin from Dropbox now if you'd like. I was able to replicate the issue and I have escalated that to my 2nd tier team for further analysis. I'll keep you posted here as I receive additional information. As of right now, the only workaround I have available is to temporarily deactivate Essential Grid while working on Forms. If any other workaround becomes available, I'll let you know here.

Thank you Christian,
that's my current work around too...

Hopefully the 2nd tier team will find a solution.

thank you for your support so far.

Regards,
Herre

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Herre

the problem arises because of a custom implementation of the 3rd-party library Codemirror by the Essential Grid plugin that effectively hijacks the library and prevents any 3rd parties from enabling extensions for it, which is what we do in Toolset. This is happening on Toolset admin pages, where Essential Grid shouldn't really be having any effect.

As it states in their code, they are operating on all backend pages...

//enqueue in all pages / posts in backend

We can discuss a solution with them, but we don't have contact details to initiate a dialog. (You need an account to raise a support request.)

Could you please raise this with their support, and if they have a contact we can use to share our findings please let us know.

Hi Nigel,
Let me see if I can bring you guys in touch with each other through their support...

I'll let you know as soon as I can provide mor info.

Thank so far.

Just a small update from my side.

I've been in touch with the ESS Grid team. They have been able to replicatie the issue too and are investigating.

Below the latest feedback i got from them:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and details.

yes, I can see the issue and have logged it for dev so they can review it further and they will release a fix in upcoming updates.

Thanks,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Herre,

As Christian is currently unavailable I will be handling this ticket.

Based on your previous response it seems the devs for Essential Grid will be fixing the issue.

Is there any further questions on this one ?

Thanks,
Shane

Let's keep this ticket open for a few days... at ThemePunch they confirmed the issue and notified me yesterday that it is solved in the next version...
to be continued...

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Herre,

Thank you for the update. The ticket will remain open, so long as an update is provided at least once a week.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.