Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Form to create new users – won’t allow a space in the username

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: Forms is showing an error when I try to register a username with a space. This is a valid WordPress username.

Solution: Upgrade to Forms 2.5 to get the fix for this problem.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Alan Il y a 4 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I have built a facility for my site Editors to add new users using a front end form.
However, the form does now allow a username with a space in it, and reports "The username can only contain alphanumeric characters, dashes or underscores" when you try to enter a username as a normal first name, surname format.
How can I get it to accept the space in between first name and surname (within the username)?

thanks
Alan

Form is here: hidden link

But you would need to be logged in to see it!

Hi, right now there isn't an easy way to do this. Forms validation currently rejects spaces and other special characters. There is an erratum post specific to the "dot" character, but the same issue can be seen for spaces: https://toolset.com/errata/cannot-use-toolset-forms-to-edit-users-whose-usernames-contain-a-dot-character/

I will ask my 2nd tier team if we can address both issues together.

Hi, I'm told this has been permanently resolved in Forms 2.5, which is now available for download and should be available shortly for automatic update. Please update to the latest versions of all Toolset plugins and confirm the problem is resolved. Thanks!

That's great to hear, thank you 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.