Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Classifieds Plugin throws notice on Install – until now not replicable on fresh install

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
After using Toolset Classifieds on my site I see Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../wp-content/plugins/toolset-classifieds/inc/message_system.class.php on line 368

Solution:
You should download the Toolset Classifieds Reference Site and build on that, without deleting, or renaming, any of it's "backend" structure like Views, Forms, etc.
This can be done with the Framework installer on a fresh site.
https://toolset.com/version/framework-installer-1-9-8/

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ljuba Il y a 5 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../wp-content/plugins/toolset-classifieds/inc/message_system.class.php on line 368

on hidden link

Access and package as here:
(also in working note above)
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pull-out-data-from-toolset/page/2/#post-1079492

Please help me analyze and report if required - it may be a conflict with other plugins

I know what the problem is here.

The Plugin "Toolset Classifieds" is using hardcoded strings to get_page_by_title a certain View.

There are so many issues with doing that, I will not even start listing them, instead I will just report that to the developers.

For solving this, creating a View, with the exact name "Advertiser details view" should solve this problem.

The Classifieds plugin is built for a specific Classifieds Reference Site and nothin else.
It should not even be used elsewhere, as it's simply not built for as we see.

I reported this, however I suggest to not use it if you don't keep the Toolset Classifieds Reference Structure.

I included plugin vs "In a classifieds site, visitors can submit free and premium ads, or even buy ad packages. ."Actually, you can clearly see how I have ads ('ofertas').

Question is > Can I get such functionality without this plugin or what (to do)?

Yes, sure, but that Plugin is built to be used with the Toolset Classifieds site.

As you see in the previous comment I elaborate why it's breaking on your site, all you'd need to do is keep the content as Classifieds Site has with the same names (That View, for example).

I did report that so we will see what we can do about, I requested that plugin to be removed several years ago, because it does things that Toolset does not do out ofd the box.
Soon, several features that this plugin packs will be possible in Toolset, and hence probably partially obsoleting the code of that plugin.

After, we will see what the Developers decide in regard, wether to adapt the plugin, or document it's caveats.

Related to how to build what Toolset Classifieds Plugin does without that plugin, you'd need to use Custom Code together with Toolset Forms, eventually.
However, it's not the purpose of Toolset Plugins, that's why that plugins is bundled in the Reference Site that can be used as a boilerplate to enable exactly such features - but only when using the same structures as the Reference Site does.

I will update you here again once I have news from DEV about the issue reported in.

If you need to continue use that plugin, you need to keep the structure as the Classifieds Site has.

OK. Thanks for explanation. Only one last think.

Can you please be specific, what and how should to be done to get "non-conflict functionality" of the plugin?

P.S. You are complete aware that there is ZERO docs about its usage.

1. Can you please be specific, what and how should to be done to get "non-conflict functionality" of the plugin?

You should download the Toolset Classifieds Reference Site and build on that, without deleting, or renaming, any of it's "backend" structure like Views, Forms, etc.
This can be done with the Framework installer on a fresh site.
https://toolset.com/version/framework-installer-1-9-8/

2. P.S. You are complete aware that there is ZERO docs about its usage.

I am absolutely aware that we have no Doc mentioning that the plugin fails when you delete those Views, for example, yes, and I reported that all in the issue I filed for this ticket.

Thank you for clear explanations. Now, at least I know on what I can count. Thanks again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.