Skip Navigation

[Résolu] There has been a critical error on your website

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Waqar Il y a 4 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

After updating Toolset to the latest versions my site stopped working ending up with the error "There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.". The site uses php 5.6 (can't update php yet). The problem is caused by Views. Only after activating this plugin my site stops working. I cannot see any specific errors after enabling debugging. How can I go back to previous version of the plugin?

Ok, I reinstalled the older (2.9.4) Views and the site works ok, but anyways the newer version makes troubles.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, there was a problem with the initial release regarding compatibility with PHP < 7.

The next hotfix will resolve the problem (I'm expecting it tomorrow). If you could wait for that and then apply it, and let me know if you still have a problem.

Hi Nigel,

I updated Views to 3.0.1 but it didn't help. The error shows again. I had to switch back to 2.9.4.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

What is the error?

If you have been sent an email about a critical error you should find details of the error in the email or in your debug.log

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor.

I tried that but just like the first time, no log file was created. The issue remains after updating to the latest Views version (3.0.1)

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for writing back and sorry to learn that the issue still persists.

Nigel is on holiday until January 1st and I'll be following up on this ticket.

If you're not seeing any warning/error, on-screen or in server's error logs, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website. This will allow deeper troubleshooting on a different server, without affecting the actual website.

I've set your next reply as private and here is a guide on sharing website's clone/snapshot:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.