Skip Navigation

[Résolu] The settings for layout in Divi don't work in templates.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 4 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
Divi-Theme-settings.jpg
Page-Builder-Framework-theme-template-settings.jpg

So I am doing some testing and I came across the following.

With the Page Builder Framework theme there are settings for no sidebar, fullwidth, hide title etc. These are available when you work on templates and they work. I know this because I have it set up on a test site and because the theme was built for page builders I have the Div Builder plugin installed as well. I haven't used this configuration yet on a live site and am still using the full Divi theme.

Today I was testing a Div specific issue and switched over to the Divi theme on that test site. I noticed while I was testing that the layout controls in the Toolset block editor template specific to Divi that these were not working when viewed on the front end Body width and header style etc.). I noticed this before when working on templates made with the Divi integration, though in that case it was only a problem when using a child theme of Divi. I submitted a ticket at the time and it was acknowledged that it was an issue and I don't know if anything was ever done to fix it. With the block editor templates it is a similar issue but it also seems to effect the main Divi theme. The only thing that seems to work is hiding the title, the rest of the meta including the featured image is still rendered.

Perhaps you can give me an update at where this issue lies and if it is all part of the ongoing and tiresome computability between Divi and Toolset.

Screenshots included for illustration.

Can I add one more question on this ticket. I have been posting feedback to Elegant Themes on many of the compatibility issues between Divi and Toolset. They say that they are working on fixing these issues and that there is an open discussion with Toolset Layouts plugin developers. Is this true?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Stephen

I've just tested this on my local test site, where I'm one point release behind the latest Divi version (our compatibility site hasn't updated yet, it should pick up the new version fairly soon), and I found the theme settings working as expected.

I have just the current versions of Types and Views installed, and in the Toolset settings, content templates are set to be created with the block editor, and I created a fresh install to test this.

When I make a template for some custom post type I have the theme options in the sidebar. I tested changes to these and they all appeared to work.

I don't think there is an option with the template theme settings to hide the featured image. Switching back to the classic editor, I don't see such an option either.

I don't have any debug info for your site to see which theme and plugin versions you are using.

As for the communications with Divi, I'll need to ask the developers/compatibility team, and I'll get back to you about that when I can. The person I think would be the lead in such communications doesn't work Monday.

Thanks Nigel,

Did you test with a child theme of Divi?

I seem to remember that for the Divi based Toolset templates things didn't work once the child theme was applied. The same when I configured the most basic child theme possible. I flagged this a while ago and one of your colleagues also confirmed that it was an issue when working through a child theme. It went off my radar as I just worked around it with my own custom css.

I can send you a copy of the child theme that I use, if this helps?

I will do a bit more testing myself later. To be honest I was also testing for a lot of other Divi related issues and may have been getting tired and a bit confused.

Nigel
Supporter

I created a simple child theme, bare minimum, to test, and found that some settings appear to work (e.g. post title, layout with or without sidebar etc., while others don't, such as the header and footer settings).

But: https://toolset.com/errata/content-template-theme-settings-are-not-working-when-using-a-divi-child-theme/

Ok, so I wasn't dreaming this. Thanks for checking.

Nigel
Supporter

I checked with my colleague who confirms that we had a flurry of communication late in 2019 about the various issues that were open, but these are mostly resolved and we are not discussing anything specific with them right now.

But we have the communication channels available if needed.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Stephen

Just to let you know, after discussing with a colleague, I've escalated the problem about some theme options not working with child themes.

Although it is a "won't fix", the rationale is that we cannot/will not support unknown customisations done in some child theme, but when I tested this with a bare-minimum child theme with no customisation I found several of the theme options don't work, i.e. they cannot work, so we are going to take a closer look to see if we can fix that so that you are least have functioning theme options in a basic child theme as a starting point.

Thanks Nigel,

Some of the options like setting a different header style isn't something I have ever used and as I already indicated I have my own custom css for some of the other styling. Those fixes though will save other users from a lot of confusion.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.