Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Terribly frustrating!!

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by filipV-3 Il y a 6 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

hi,
i find working with Toolset terribly frustrating. I'm not even talking about all the technical issues, but why does a reference site that was set up, is suddenly gone??
Sorry, this site is not available
The authors may have deleted this site. Or this site is not yet registered.

It worked for some time, and now it's just gone; i have no reference anymore. It's terribly time-consuming to get something more complex right with Toolset. Today suddenly the custom post type pages refuse to save any changes. It worked before... But for this i'll have to open another topic, and give all the same info once again that i gave already in previous topics.

Where is my reference site??
Thanks

Dear Flip,

The discover-wp.com is only a learning site, the sub-sites created by users in discover-wp.com will be removed in one or two months, if you are the owner of the subsite, you should be able to receive an email about it, so it is not recommended to store your data in the discover-wp.com.

If you need to create another new reference site, you can setup it here:
http://discover-wp.com/site-templates/

And you can setup the reference site in your own webserver or localhost with "Download Toolset Framework Installer":
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#tab-application-frameworks

hi, i didn't get an email about that. It was also impossible to setup the ref site on our own vps, due to timeouts where none of the proposed solutions fixed that. Why don't you offer this by normal download instead - it would be easier for many users, as this issue is pretty common?

ok we'll set it up again, once more... It's like we can't make 1 step forward without first taking 3 steps back... One year and counting...

edit: so it's set up again, and frankly it's pretty useless that real estate reference site. We can't access the first two things we wanted to check, it's forbidden or whatever to see how it's done. Can't see all plugins, can't see setup of homepage, ...

Q1) Why don't you offer this by normal download instead - it would be easier for many users, as this issue is pretty common?
There isn't such a feature, if you agree, we can take it as a feature request.
Currently, if there is some limitation in your VPS, I suggest you setup a test site in your localhost, then migrate the website into your VPS

Q2) it's forbidden or whatever to see how it's done. Can't see all plugins, can't see setup of homepage, ...
The discover-wp.com is a wordpress multi-site installation, the administrator of sub-site does not have privileges to manage the plugins and themes

hi thanks Luo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.