Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Taxonomy Filter by URL Parameter stops working after the first Time

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidZ Il y a 4 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

I have a Taxonomy Filter that's filtering by a custom taxonomy. But after one or two switches, it stops working. It only updates the URL parameter the first time.

I've recorded a quick screencast to demonstrate:
hidden link

The View is located on the page LEARN.

This site is on a staging server. You'll be promoted for a username and password to view the site. I've added that user name and password to the FTP credentials below.

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with similar filters in a post view, but couldn't reproduce this issue. This suggests that there is something specific to your website.

If you'll check the browser's console, you'll see a number of script errors and warnings while viewing the "Learn" page.
( yourwebsite.com/learn/ )

My first recommendation would be to fix those as the view is set to update results using AJAX and script issues can interfere with that.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/ )

It would also be a good idea to test this with all extra (non-Toolset) plugins disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty. If the issue is fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow this down to a possible conflict.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be investigated in more depth.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.