Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Suggestion: Change icon on "at a glance" to CPT icon.

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by maciej.p Il y a 7 années et 5 mois.

Assigned support staff: maciej.p.

Auteur
Publications

When creating a new CPT, you can set the icon that shows in the menu off to the right, which is great especially on sites with a lot of CPTs.
There is also the option to show the CPT entry count on the At a Glance admin widget - also great.
I think it would be a nice feature to have the option for the icon selected to show up on the admin bar also show up in the At a Glance widget. So instead of 10 CPTs with the same icon as the default WP Pages icon, it could be varied a bit with the icon chosen.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion I have handed it over to our developers.
In meantime as a workaround you can use custom CSS code:
example:

li.files-count a:before {
content: "\f183"!important;
}

The "f183" represents the icon used for your CPT.
By right clicking the original dash-icon from left menu you have to enter "Inspect Element" mode of your browser and note the value of the icon.
You have to add this CSS in to your main CSS file. Remember it needs to have exact the same value of the icon from left menu.

You can find a very good example of this method in the link below:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/dashboard-at-a-glance-custom-post-types#post-4988832

Please let me know if this solves your issue and I can help you with anything else.
Regards,
Maciej

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Suggestion: Change icon on "at a glance" to CPT icon.’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.