Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Stop custom role having access to pages.

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wanted to restrict access to the Page post type from a certain user role.

Solution:

This can be done by going to Toolset -> Access Control then select the Page post type to be managed by access.

Finally under the role you want to remove the Page access for just, disable the Read access.

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 5 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
School-role-permissions.jpg
School-only.jpg

Hi,

I set up a custom role called School editor whose users I want to only to access one post type > Schools. They should have no access to any of the other post type. I have been able to disable all posts but I still see Pages in the side column of WP admin and under the New menu.

I want to set this up so that when the users, who will be specifically doing data-entry for the school type, can click New in the toolbar and will go straight to a new School post. As it is when you click new, a new page is created.

Attached, a full screenshot of the role edited.

I have also looked at the permissions on the School Editor role and have disabled anything that refers to pages.

I managed to do this before on another site for the editor role whereby only one type "prints" appeared.

Let me know if I need to reset/re-install anything.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Based on your screenshot this should disable the pages for that user.

I tested this on my end and all I did was to disable the read access for the user role.

Could you delete the custom role and remake it to copy the permissions from the Editor Role?

Then go to the access control for Page and disable the read access for the user.

Please try this exact step and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Just figured it out before you got back to me. I found the reset button for Access in the main Toolset settings and started over. Took a while to configure it in lock down as much as possible. So many settings and checkboxes!

Happy with the result.

Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.