Skip Navigation

[Résolu] stop blocks preview

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 2 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

hej toolset.
i have finally started working with blocks editor a while ago. of course i enjoy the toolset integration and the previews of queries. unfortunately i am running into massive performance issues on more complex pages.
i came back to just leaving the proven shortcode in the provided block. but this is of course way more uncomfortable as it was before in classic editor! i have to make my syntax correctly and remember all options also by plain text.
so here are my questions:
1) is there an option to switch of the preview / live rendering or fine tune the preview interval?
2) could there be a dialogue to result in a placed shortcode as it was in classic editor?
of course any documentation on the described methods would be healpful for me. (i didn't find any.)
if there is no helpful option so far, could you please turn/forward this question into a feature request!
best regards,
s

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for getting in touch.

1) is there an option to switch of the preview / live rendering or fine tune the preview interval?

To preview the blocks is a feature of the Gutenburg editor and not our Blocks plugin, whenever there is a block that is added the gutenburg editor will automatically want to generate a preview.

Currently i'm not aware of a setting that can disable the gutenburg previews.

2) could there be a dialogue to result in a placed shortcode as it was in classic editor?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, can you provide a bit more details for me ?

Thanks,
Shane

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-07 um 16.37.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-07 um 16.24.09.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-07 um 16.25.38.png

hej shane.
ok, i gut you right: the preview of a view in block editor comes from the block editor itself! (something line wp-server-side-render …)
please find my enclosed screenshots …
• shortcode with taxonomy filter set by shortcode attribute
• the preview of the same view placed by toolset views block element
• the more comfortable interface in classic editor guiding me through several override and/or filter options to my view
i do have these override and filter options in the views block, but the i suffer those live rendered previews!
having multiple views on one page the performance is really weak though i am on a tough server.
ideal would be, having a similar option like 'cache view' but 'stop live rendering'!
do you know of any hook to stop that live rendering?
best,
s

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Steve,

Yes I understand this, I did do some checks on the wordpress documentation and wasn't able to find a hook that is able to do this.

You will perhaps need to open a ticket with the gutenburg plugin support team.
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/gutenberg/

Since they are essentially the ones responsible for the editor.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.