Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Sorting by category is only working for 1 of 3 categories

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by joshM-4 Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 1.51.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 1.50.30 PM.png

I am trying to: use a view to sort my posts by category

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: a list of posts in the "Marketing" and "Tech" categories when I click on those respective sorting links

Instead, I got: no posts returned - "no items found"

I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm using radio inputs to sort (styled as links at the top of the "By Topic" section) and for some reason the only category that returns an accurate result is "Design." But there are at least 2 posts in each category.

Since I'm sure this will be easier if you can log in and look around I created a temporary login for you.

[removed by Toolset Support]

Thank you for taking a look!

In case this is helpful - the view that's displaying the "By Topic" posts is called "View for All Posts"

Secondary issue - the "next" link works but not the "previous". If you're in there and want to check that out it'd be awesome. What I'd really like is for a "load more" button to be at the bottom that adds more posts to that page.

If you want me to put this into another ticket I totally understand - just say the word.

Dear josh,

Q1) no posts returned - "no items found"
How do you setup the problem view? can you take a screenshot for it?
In your case, I suggest setup a nested view:
1) Parent view list terms of taxonomy "Category"
2) Child view list posts with term from above parent view
See our document:
Views Inside Views – Display Nested Multidimensional Lists
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Q2) What I'd really like is for a "load more" button to be at the bottom that adds more posts to that page.
Yes, it is possible within Views "Infinite Scrolling" feature, see our document:
Infinite Scrolling for WordPress Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/infinite-scrolling-in-views/

Thanks for your help. Turns out I had the view set to skip the first 2 results, so whichever category was shown the first 2 weren't displayed. For those categories showing "no items found" it was because there were 2 or fewer posts in those categories.

I changed some settings and sorted it out.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.