Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Sort taxonomy terms by menu order

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidS-53 Il y a 4 années.

Auteur
Publications
2020-03-06 13_36_44-Edit WordPress Archive ‹ Springvale Garden Centre — WordPress.png

I have a custom taxonomy "Month" with January, February etc as the terms. They're in the correct order in the backend of my site.

However, I can't get them to display in "Menu order" on the front-end of my site. There are two places where I need this achieved that can be seen here: hidden link (website is public so no need to hide it).

Place 1: The filter dropdown should be in order.
Place 2: The list of months under each "tip" post should be in order.

How do I achieve that? I've searched the forum but there are no solutions available that I can see.

I apologise if I miss something, but I think Taxonomies have no "menu orde" as pages do.

This is also why you can not sort by such data, as it does not exist.

What menu order do you mean anyway for taxonomy terms? Those have no menu, or menu order value like a page does, or post type can have.
Please let me know if I miss a detail

Oh- sorry, my bad. You're absolutely correct- that hadn't occured to me.

For anyone who comes across this, you can order taxonomy terms using this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.