Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Small issue with WYSWYG field when using in repeating field group

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 3 années et 12 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications
Map-embed-rendered-in-block-editor-when-full-WYSWYG-availabe.jpg
WYSWYG-in-repeating-filelds.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a number of cycling itineraries. These pull a map from the site Ride with GPS by iframe embeds. Naturally I set up my custom field groups for the Itineraries on my custom post type Cycling Itineraries. Within these there are different routes with different challenge levels and then more repeatable filed groups of day/stage for each route.

I added a WYSWYG field to the intermediary repeatable group for route for the map embed html. It was only when I started the custom template with blocks did I realise that the output was rendering as html. On further investigation I see that once a WYSWYG filed is used in repeatable field groups all the controls are removed and you can't add content in the text tab.

I tested the map embed in a top level WYSWYG and it renders straight off in the block editor.

If you have any workaround or if you can update with a fix it would be appreciated. In the meantime I will redo my layout to display the maps differently.

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 15.40.46.jpg

Just noticed as well if I go to nest in a view to show the content generated by the day stages repeating filed as a nested view in a view I get the following warning in the block editor?

Nested views creation is not supported at the moment.

I am able to sort this by using a hand built html/css/js view.

I am just wondering if the WYSWYG field can't be shown fully perhaps a HTML field would do?

On further investigation I see that once a WYSWYG filed is used in repeatable field groups all the controls are removed and you can't add content in the text tab.
This sounds like a plugin conflict, because it's not the normal behavior of a WYSIWYG field in a RFG. You should be able to see editing controls and switch between the Visual and Text tabs. You should be able to enter and save an iframe tag with other HTML markup successfully in the Text tab. Can you try disabling other plugins temporarily to see if there is a conflict? Perhaps the Gutenberg plugin? I don't see your debug info so that's just a guess.

Nested views creation is not supported at the moment.
Yes, the warning you mentioned is accurate. It is not currently possible to create a View inside another View using the Block editor View builder interface. Classic Views must be used to generate a nested View structure, or a View of taxonomy terms, or a View of Users. These are a few of the current limitations of the Block Editor Views builder.

I am just wondering if the WYSWYG field can't be shown fully perhaps a HTML field would do?
Types offers a multiple line field, not HTML specifically, and yes you should be able to save an iframe tag in this field successfully and output the iframe on the front-end using the "raw" output attribute in a Types field shortcode.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.