Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Site Search

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 32 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by suzyo Il y a 4 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 5.16.28 PM.png

I would like that. I was not going to use Relvanssi because of issues, but I did not know that it has been integrated with Toolset. In that case, I'd love to use it, and would appreciate it if you'd look into it for me! And please, take your time.

As for excerpts: every single post on the site has an excerpt. (Image attached.)

Thanks, Nigel!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I will look into this, yes. I have quite a bit on my plate but will get to it as soon as possible and update you again.

Greatly appreciated. I'm about 2 months out from production and this is one of the last things to correct. Thank you!

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for cutting me some slack on the date, as I'm off for a long weekend, so I'll get back to this when I return rather than passing it on to someone else.

Sure! LOLing at latest VIEWS update (02/12) that borked the search archive results that were working. Waiting to see if they issue a patch or if I need to rewrite my CSS. I don't use blocks and this was an update to blocks and Vews, so...have a great weekend!

Okay, so...now approx 80% of search results are showing the excerpt. They do so randomly and intermittently. No changes to site.

*edit - 20 minutes later and they're all gone again.

Nigel
Supporter

without media.png
with media.png
search archive post types.png

I started over with the copy of your site installed locally and installed the latest versions of the Toolset plugins.

I found that—with just Toolset plugins activated—the archive works.

It does throw up results that don't look correct. See the screenshot "with media".

That's because the settings for the seach archive are to include media posts in the archive results (screentshot of settings), and—naturally—the media posts don't have the same fields available, in particular the excerpt field.

Removing media posts from the results, they look correct (screenshot "without media").

There is, though, a problem with the archive excluding media when Relevanssi is active, and so I'm looking into that now and will update you again.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 13.19.12.png

I think this setting is your problem.

YOU ABSOLUTE GENIUS. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 3.13.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 3.13.54 AM.png

Gaaaak. The search results template is not being applied to one post type, specifically, "Pocono Towns." I would like to die. Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

stay-archive.png
pocono-town-archive.png

I can't see why, but the problem is that the custom styles you added to the archive output are not being applied in the case of the pocono-town archive.

You can see in the screenshots that, for example, the white background colour is set with a rule for the .title-section-wrapper-archive class in the stay archive, but there are no rules for that same class in the pocono-town archive.

But the custom CSS does appear to be added in the page source correctly.

I'm still digging.

Nigel
Supporter

Revisiting this, I checked on my local copy of your site, and the custom CSS (added to the loop template in the custom archive) is being added on the Pocono Towns archive, as it is with the rest.

Can you remove any kind of caching on your site and check again?

Oh, damn. I have no site caching, and Flywheel cleared server-side caching, and it's STILL not showing. ????

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-02-26 at 14.15.26.png

I had some colleagues look at this, too, and we were struggling to see the problem, and I went down the route of creating a new WPA specifically for Pocono Towns where I could see that some other custom CSS relating to guides was unexpectedly being added to the page, and this led me to identify that as well as creating the custom WPA you had also created a Content Template and assigned it specifically to the Pocono Towns archive (screenhot).

I'm not sure what your objective was there, but I unassigned that Content Template and now it works.

I had disabled most plugins while testing, I'll let you set it back up how you need once you've confirmed the archive works as expected.

Absolutely spectacular, Nigel! You've gone above and beyond. I can't thank you enough, I am sure I never would have found this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.