Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Search and filter custom fields / taxonomy issue

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Waqas Il y a 6 années et 7 mois.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

I'd like to use the parametric search to allow visitors to search and filter for a keyword that is contained in custom post fields and taxonomies.

Therefore I've set up a view for the search result page where I want to filter the query by custom post fields and taxonomy with the comparison function set to url parameter.

When I set the url parameter to "wpv_post_search" to receive the keyword I get the error message "This is a word reserved by any of the ToolSet plugins".

The search input is place on a specific page using the shortcode [wpv-form-view name="search-view" target_id="12345"]. So I need to receive the keyword from the URL.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Please see following guide about how you can "Pass Arguments to Views":

- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/

There are apparently two possible ways, either you can use URL Parameters or can pass as an Attribute to view's short code itself. However, this is to notice, that some names are reserved by WP system and plugins. The message you see is referring to one of these.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Search and filter custom fields / taxonomy issue’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.