Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Repeatable Group in Front end with icon picker

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by viktorI Il y a 3 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
2021-02-03_16-27-13.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello, is it possible to make a repeatable group with an icon picker and text field and make it in the front end form?

I want my members to be able to add a "features" into their property where they can choose icon and add their own text as a repeatable group

also, how to add repeatable group inside their post type form in the front end?
(to make it so member only fill up one form instead of 2 separate form)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
in the bottom of "facilities"

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Viktor,

Thank you for getting in touch.

From what I see here, it is possible to achieve. I'm assuming here that the repeatable field group will have an image field for the icon and a text field for the text that they want to add correct?

In a case like this you will need to set a custom validation for the image field so that the dimensions are small or when displaying the icon image you will need to set a fixed size on the template that is being used.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

group_field_2.jpg
group_field_1.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the reply

I will try to look into it.

also, is there anyway to make a front end-form with repeatable group to work like in the back end? I cant find repeatable group in the post form

i have found this : https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

but i dont understand it, does it mean i need to make the process a 2 step? (create the post , then add in the repeatable group through separate form?)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Victor,

You can created a repeatable field group form on the frontend, however it won't function similar to how the repeatable fields function on the backend.

How it functions s like a child post form, where you have to submit the form for each individual entry.

but i dont understand it, does it mean i need to make the process a 2 step? (create the post , then add in the repeatable group through separate form?)

Exactly as you describe it here.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello

Thank You, i will look into it

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.