Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Question about this case study

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 7 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I just read this case study for building a membership site using Toolset:
https://toolset.com/2015/03/building-a-membership-site-with-wordpress-a-challenge-or-a-piece-of-cake-a-case-study/

I am new to using Toolset, and this is my first real attempt at building a community/membership site using WordPress.

My question is, why would there be a need for Gravity Forms or Formidable when you can just use CRED forms for user registration and profile edit? In the case study, the developer used both for some reason. What is the advantage of using another plugin that looks to duplicate the functionality?

Would anyone out there who has built a community membership site have a list of recommendations for someone new like me trying to build one using Toolset? I keep getting overwhelmed and feel like this is just way over my head.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

From this case study I suspect that this website was built sometime in 2015 which would mean that this would be before we implemented the user registration and user forms in our CRED plugins.

Right now in our latest version user forms are available and you can use this to create your user registration forms.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms/

Also for any functionality that you are overwhelmed with you can just ask me and i'll see how best I can assist you .

Thanks,
Shane

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Question about this case study’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.