Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Publish/Update button not working when Types is active

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by webD-3 Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

This is for a different site than the one I had a support request for yesterday.

This morning I returned to an in-progress site I had not edited in about two weeks. I applied the plugin updates to Types, Layouts and Views, the three Toolset components active on the site, for which new versions were available.

Now I am experiencing an issue where I cannot click the "Update" button within Pages, when Types is active.

I have already tried the following, prior to creating this support ticket, but in each of these cases the issue persists.

1. Disabled all plugins except Types.
2. Deleted Types 2.2.4, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled.
3. Deleted Types 2.2.4 and reinstalled 2.2.3.
4. Changed from my Toolset Starter child theme back to the Toolset Starter theme
5. Changed to the default Twenty Sixteen theme

As soon as I disable or delete Types, the Update/Publish button works as expected.

I have Types 2.2.4 running on the other site, also with a Toolset Starter child theme and several of the same plugins, but am not experiencing the same issue. Right now I'm stuck.

Per this somewhat similar thread (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/types-not-allowing-wordpress-buttons-to-work/) I have enabled creation of error_log.txt, but the only thing that shows up is a single PHP Notice for another plugin, referencing one deprecated method. But even when that plugin is disabled I still have this problem...and that plugin is also installed on the other site which isn't experiencing this issue.

This may not be enough to go on; please let me know what further information I can provide to assist. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I know that there is an issue that could be causing this problem with the field validation.

Do you have any fields on your post that accepts a url or uploaded files?

If so then you will need to take a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/types-url-fields-validation-issue-cred-forms/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am using custom fields that involve a URL upload.

However, I just deleted 2.2.4 and installed the patched version linked on the other thread, and the issue persists.

A bit more information that may help...

I have found that the issue with not being able to publish/save is happening beyond just Pages...I just tried creating a new Post within a non-Toolset plugin that utilizes custom post types, where Types seemingly should have no effect. Clicking "Publish" results in the button graying out (can no longer be clicked) while the data is not published but merely saved as a draft.

Also, at one point in my troubleshooting today I downgraded to 2.2.3 and the issue persisted. Though things were fine when I was using 2.2.3 on this site previously.

In addition, the support thread you linked referenced CRED, but CRED is not installed on this site. If the patch was CRED specific it would not have applied.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Would you mind if I could have a look at the site ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you. I have sent the requested credentials. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the site.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was able to log in and see the issue but what i would like to do is to get a local copy of this site for some further testing. This will ensure that the issue is not being caused by the server.

To provide a copy of the website please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you. I have created the requested files via Duplicator and placed them in my Dropbox account. The private message above has been edited to include the link where you may access the files.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

So I've found the root cause of the issue.

The problem was found in the child theme functions.php file.

// function dashboardcss() {
//     echo "<link rel='stylesheet' media='screen,projection' type='text/css' href=" . get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . "/dashboard.css>";
// }

It's actually hiding some required fields that are on the posts which causes the post not to be published.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks
Shane

Shane,

I completely removed that function - and deleted the dashboard.css file it was calling for good measure - and I still cannot publish/save. Based upon your pasted code above it looks like you may have just commented out the function, but that didn't work either.

In addition, I once again changed to the default Twenty Sixteen theme and the problem persists, so I'm not sure that this function alone is the cause, though it may have contributed.

Is there something better/different I should do to eliminate the offending code and restore the publish/save functionality?

Thanks very much for your time.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I just tested this on your site and your posts are publishing.

If you check you will see that I've created a My Test post and it worked fine. Note you have some required custom fields, so ensure those are filled out.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

I was able to create a new Post, also.

However, I've been testing within Pages and it still is not working there.

If you would, please, go to Pages > "Just A Test" and try to click the Update button. With or without adding content to the custom fields which are now showing up on this page after eliminating the dashboard CSS function and file.

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 4.20.24 PM.png

Hello,

I was able to create a new page. As mentioned there are required fields on the page and if they are not populated the post cannot be created.

Have a look at the screenshot above to see these fields.

These fields need to be filled out.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

I really appreciate your time. The screenshot helped. Those 2 fields were not appearing on my screen because that box had been toggled off in Screen Options, and I was never seeing the error telling me to complete a required field. That's why removing the CSS didn't solve it for me.

By simply making those fields not required, all is well. I then reapplied my custom function and CSS so that those boxes will not show except on the pages where they apply. Where they do apply they'll no longer be required, but that is acceptable for now. Thanks again, especially over the last couple hours as we've traded messages back and forth.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.