Skip Navigation

[Résolu] publicly_queryable without having page accessible

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Tim Elliott Il y a 3 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I'm setting up a post type that I don't want to have a "single" post view visible on the frontend. Usually I would uncheck publicly_queryable.

However I do want to be able to use a post form to update the posts on the frontend.

It seems like if I want to edit the posts with a post form then I have to have publicly_queryable checked, but that means I then have "single" posts available.

Is there any way round this within Toolset, or do I need to add redirects in my .htaccess to make the "single" pages inaccessible?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

One way around this is that you can bring the CPT under our Access control and restrict access to it by every user except admins.

This will allow you to still setup your form on the frontend to populate the CPT but regular users won't have access to the post at all.

What they will get is an error 404 when they try to access the CPT. Have a look our documentation below for more information on this.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control/setting-access-control/

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.