Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Presetting date/time field results in weird behaviour pt. 2

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Presetting date/time field results in weird behaviour pt. 2

Solution:
You should try to use the "cred_form_ready" javascript method to override the date field settings.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/presetting-date-time-field-results-in-weird-behaviour-pt-2/#post-1213485

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidS-53 Il y a 5 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

This is a follow-up to https://toolset.com/forums/topic/presetting-date-time-field-results-in-weird-behaviour/ since that has expired.

I've just noticed that when I submit the form with the date/time set automatically, nothing is saved to the wpcf-date-checked field.

If I manually set the date/time, it saves just fine.

Any ideas why that may be? Seems weird that it displays fine but nothing saves.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - when you say automatically, can you please tell me how you are passing the value to date field?

Hi Minesh,

Code is discussed in the linked thread- I'll paste it again here:

$(document).ready(function($) {

var dt = new Date();

setTimeout(function() {
			$('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').datepicker("option", "minDate", "-5Y");
			$('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').datepicker("option", "maxDate", "0" );
			$('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').val($.datepicker.formatDate('MM dd, yy', new Date()));

}, 500 );

var hour = dt.getHours();
		var minute = dt.getMinutes();

$('select[name="wpcf-date-checked[hour]"]').val(hour);
		$('select[name="wpcf-date-checked[minute]"]').val(minute);

});

Cheers!

Minesh
Supporter

What if you try to use the following code:

jQuery(window).bind("cred_form_ready", function() {
 var dt = new Date();

setTimeout(function() {
        jQuery('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').datepicker("option", "minDate", "-5Y");
        jQuery('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').datepicker("option", "maxDate", "0" );
        jQuery('input[name="wpcf-date-checked[display-only]"]').val(jQuery.datepicker.formatDate('MM dd, yy', new Date()));

}, 500 );

});

No, still isn't working sorry.

Minesh
Supporter

Can I have problem URL and access details?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hmm, I ended up using a mix of my original and the suggested JQuery. I set the date portion of the field with the shortcode, and the time using JQuery, and it all appears to save.

jQuery(window).bind("cred_form_ready", function() {

var dt = new Date();

});

A little bit hacky but works fine.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.