Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Prepopulate Fields in Nested Repeatable Fields View

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 20 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 4.50.48 AM.png

Hi, Minesh! I don't have new question, it's the same issue, just worse than it was in the beginning.

The days of the week are always M T W TH F S S. I want those to be there, I want those fields FILLED IN in the admin screen, that’s what I mean by “pre-populated.” I want the day of the week to be there on the post admin screen, and then I’ll enter the open and close times.

Changing it to checkboxes does nothing except to add the popup “add your internal title for the item” - on EVERY POST. That popup just gets in the way and makes the whole thing take even longer. Basically, it’s the same as before, but instead of being faster, it takes twice as long.

I don’t want to select the days of the week thousands and thousands of times. Instead of being pre-populated, it says “select” on each and every post.

The reason is admin screen layout is borked is that ‘display: flex’ is being applied to .wpt-form-item, which in turn screws up the entire post edit screen.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

The days of the week are always M T W TH F S S. I want those to be there, I want those fields FILLED IN in the admin screen, that’s what I mean by “pre-populated.” I want the day of the week to be there on the post admin screen, and then I’ll enter the open and close times.
==> Well - for that only I prepared the solution and shared with you here with the following reply:
-- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/prepopulate-fields-in-nested-repeatable-fields-view/#post-1240789

I do not understand whats causing the issue. Can you please put the code back and tell me exact steps to see the issue. What steps I need to follow to check the issue.

NO, THE FIELDS WERE ALREADY THERE. I MADE THE THING! The problem is that I still have to select them every time. That is exactly what I don't want to do. I can't put the code back because I don't know the slug.

Minesh
Supporter

I put the code back again to Toolset Custom Code setion:
=> hidden link

And I created this entry:
=> hidden link

Can you confirm you can see the field "days of the week" is selected.

What you need to do is:
=> Click on "Add new" button to create new post
=> give title and save/publish the post
=> you should see those 7-8 entries automatically created withing Repeating field group and "days of the week" field is selected.

Can you confirm this?

Has it really been 3 weeks? Thank you so much, Minesh, you did a really great job and helped me so much, I love it!

Minesh
Supporter

Great - thank you.

Please feel free to mark resolve this ticket 🙂 really glad to help and happy to know that solution I shared works for you as expected 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.