Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Posts Groups names

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Waqar Il y a 4 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Post Group, but the form says the name already exists. I don't have any Post Group with that name, but I recall I might use that name earlier and then renamed some Group. So I did a test with renaming some other Posts Group and indeed I couldn't use that Group's original name anymore for a new Group. I suppose the Group retains something like a slug even though the name is changed? Is there any way to recover the original name of a Posts Group so that it can be used again for a new Group?

Regards,

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I performed a few tests on my website and couldn't reproduce this issue.

From WP Admin -> Toolset -> Access Control -> Post Groups (tab), I created and deleted a few post groups and then was able to recreate them, using the exact same names.

From looking into the database, I couldn't trace any saved entries for the deleted post groups (names and/or slugs) either.

In case the issue still persists and you have access to your website's database through "phpMyAdmin" ( ref: hidden link ), you can check and share what is saved in "option_value" column for the option "toolset-access-options", in the "{prefix}_options" table.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

Note: The {prefix} value can vary from installation to installation, but by default, it is set to "wp".

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

did you try the following please: create a Posts Group, then do not remove it but just rename it; next, try to create the second Post Group and use the exact original (not the changed one) name of the first Group. What happens then?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for writing back.

I was able to reproduce the issue, by following your suggested steps. If a Post Group is renamed, then it is not possible to create a new Post Group with its old name (as long as the renamed post group exists).

I've shared these findings with the concerned team and will update you with the progress through this tickets.

Appreciate you brought this forward. If you remember the orginal Post Group which had the name that you now want to use again, temporary workarounds can be to either rename it back to its original name or delete it and create a new one with that same name (as the project's current situation allows).

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

I'd like to update that a fix for this will be covered in the upcoming release of Toolset Access (2.8.4).

I'll also let you know once it releases.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

The Toolset Access version 2.8.4 has been released.

You're welcome to update to this latest release and let us know, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.