Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post types on map linked to Filter and an archive loop

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 6 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Map-problem.jpg

A specific post type is beeing displayed on a map. I also have a filter and an archive loop which show post type below the map.

When values has been changed in the filter, the archive loop is updated correctly. However nothing on the map is being changed.

Is there a way to fix this? Could those be linked together in a way?

I provide a screenshot which hopefully explains how I set it up.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I would like to know how you setup your map inside the layout.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

ahh - could you please share problem URL of archive?

Oh, I am sorry.

Here is the url: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks for all the details.

I checked your layout and this way it will not filter the records. Both map and fields you would like to display should be added to single view because your archive view is set to filter by AJAX and its not possible to filter multiple views as the AJAX request is belongs to view/archive it set to.

I suggest you should combine your map code within at one place and try to resolve your issue.

Thank you,

That solves the problem,

However, now my current map is showing below the filter editor. Is there a way to get the map above the filter editor. And get the archive loop below the filter editor?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - for that the idea is to create a custom search view same as your archive content. Add your required filters to view's filter section and build view's output section with combined map and your required shortcodes (which you already done with archive).

Then, when you try to add view to layout, use single widget cell for 3-4 columns and select widget "WP Views Filter" widget and for remaining column add view's cell. Something like this. Please check following screenshot.
=> hidden link

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/widget-cell/
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-cell/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.