Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post relationship doesn’t save

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
A Toolset Form to add a child post doesn’t save the parent post id if there is another form before it on the same page.

Solution:
This resulted from a bug which was fixed in Forms 2.1

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 17 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidS-53 Il y a 5 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
954347-2018_07_24_20_12_11_.png

Following up on https://toolset.com/forums/topic/error-the-parent-must-be-a-post-id-or-a-wp_post-instance/

Hi Nigel,

Sorry, has taken me a little while to get back to you. Here's my update: I have gotten rid of the modals- that's not a problem. The forms now exist on the content template pages (see screenshot).

However, the post relationships still don't work properly.

Here is the problematic block of code:

add_action('cred_save_data','func_custom_post_title',15,2);
function func_custom_post_title($post_id,$form_data) {
    if ($form_data['id']==243) {
        toolset_connect_posts('boat-safety-check',$_POST['@boat-safety-check.parent'], $post_id);
    }
    if ($form_data['id']==302) {
        toolset_connect_posts('safety-check-log-item',$_POST['@safety-check-log-item.parent'], $post_id);
    }
}

With that code commented out: the post form submits & redirects, but the relationship isn't saved.
With that code active: the post form doesn't submit correctly, returning The parent must be a post ID or a WP_Post instance error.

I then swapped the site over to 2017 to test the form without any of my custom code: post form submits & redirects, but relationship still isn't saved.

I've then disabled all plugins apart from the toolset ones, and it still doesn't save the relationship. I'll leave it in that state so you can take a look and work out what the issue is?

See previous post for access credentials.

Cheers!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hello again

(I keep getting confused as to whether I should be calling you David or Brad.)

I'm trying to connect to your site at hidden link but the htaccess authorisation doesn't seem to be valid anymore.

Let me set up a private reply and you can update the credentials.

Nigel
Supporter

I took a copy of your site to work on locally because it was very slow trying to load some of the pages.

Where do I find the form now?

Where is that screenshot in your initial question from? If I view a boat post on the front end I don't see the form.

Hi Nigel, the form is now on the individual safety check page. For example: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

OK, got it, I've tested and seen the issue.

I'll see if I can identify why and get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

I found that the problem seems to be the other CRED form you have in the same Content Template (the safety check edit form). If I remove that then the log item form works correctly.

I'm trying to see if I can reproduce on a vanilla test site, or whether it is particular to your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Yep, I reproduced it.

I've escalated it so that my colleagues can dig deeper and hopefully identify the cause.

I'll keep you posted.

Great, at least we know the cause; keep me posted on the progress getting it sorted. Cheers

Forgot to ask; is that bit of code the other support guy provided me still relevant? Do I need it?

Nigel
Supporter

You shouldn't need any additional code for the parent post assignment.

It's not working because of a bug, not because you are missing something.

Hi Nigel, Any progress on getting this sorted? Cheers.

Nigel
Supporter

It is fixed in an update to Toolset Forms 2.1, which is currently in QA testing. That will take a few days and so barring any hiccups will be released mid next week.

Sorry for the delay, it is August when things tend to slow down a little because of holidays.

Thanks- shall keep an eye out for that version number.

Nigel
Supporter

OK. Let me just update the status here.

Hi Nigel, Any update on the 2.1 release? Cheers.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.