Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post Group restricted content gets display when using anything but Default Error

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:

Display/restrict pages/posts based on a Role using a Post Group. This actually works perfectly until I select "Show Content Template" instead of "Default error" for "single posts when there is no read permission." If I select "Show Content Template" then the restricted content becomes visible for all roles, including guest. When I switch back to "Default error" the content is hidden to all except the logged-in user with the appropriate role.

After some testing I determined that this issue only occurs when the Enfold theme is active. I'm wondering if anyone else has reported this issue, and do you have any ideas for how to correct it? For my clients purposes, we need to show a login form (using a Content Template) when the guest doesn't have access permission.

TIA,
Eric

Hi, I haven't seen another report of this specific issue yet, but I am able to replicate it on my own local environment. I'm escalating this issue to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation. I'll let you know what I find out. In the meantime, I think the best workaround is to choose another option to display to restricted Guest Users.

Thanks for the quick response!

Is it possible to modify the "Default error" for guest users? We'd really like to show a login form there, rather than the error message.

That default error is managed by your theme, so you would have to create a child theme and copy over the includes/error404.php template file from the parent theme into an includes folder in the child theme. Then you can edit the contents of that template file to include a login form shortcode.

My 2nd tier team has informed me that since there are already some known issues with Enfold compatibility, we have reached out to their developers to collaborate on solutions. This Access issue has been added to the list of compatibility issues. At this point, we are waiting on their team to respond. We recommend you also reach out to the authors of the Enfold theme to see if they are willing to collaborate with our team, and let them know your project depends on this integration. They may be more responsive to you as a customer, than to us as developers of another plugin.

OK, thanks. I ended up customizing the Enfold error404.php template (in my child theme) as a workaround. Great suggestion.

I didn't purchase the theme, so am waiting for credentials from my client so I can contact Enfold support. I'd like to stay updated on this. Should we keep this ticket open?

I have added a note to our internal compatibility ticket, connecting this ticket to that task. So if any progress is made on our end, I will be prompted to update you here. You will also be able to add responses to this ticket to let me know if you've had any luck contacting the theme developers.

Hi, we contacted the authors again back on September 13, and still have not received a reply. At this point we have done all we can, so I suggest closing this ticket. I can continue to post updates here, and if compatibility can be achieved later we can start a new ticket. Thanks for your patience.

OK, go ahead and close it out. Hopefully the theme developers will get it together...
Thanks,
Eric

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.