Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post Excerpt shortcode prevents pages from loading in Types 3.4.1

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by webD-3 Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

When I updated Types to version 3.4.1 on this site, three pages stopped loading altogether. Each of the three have an outer view, then share a content template in their inner view. I found that if I remove the [wpv-post-excerpt] shortcode from the content template, the pages load properly (just minus the excerpt text.) I restored the site via a backup, and the pages load properly with Types 3.3.13.

I have a staging site that is an exact duplicate, and then upgraded to 3.4.1 and the problem appears again.

Live (Types 3.3.13)
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Staging (Types 3.4.1)
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Note - the excerpt text is only seen on screen sizes 768px and below.

If this cannot be resolved I'll just remove the excerpt completely, but I'd like to figure out what might be preventing the excerpts to load in 3.4.1 when they've always worked before. This site is around 1.5 years old. Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist with this issue, we'll need a Duplicator copy of your site(with Types 3.3.13), so, we can test it on our platform before and after the update. I'll mark your next reply as private to let you share download links safely. Please create an administrator user for us before taking the copy.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you very much. I took the ready copy on the live site and build it locally. Then I updated the Types and Views plugin against the latest release, published this morning, and the issue was not reproduced.

I was able to reproduce the issue by updating only Types. But, once I updated Views, first to version 3.3.1, the issue was not reproduced anymore. Then I updated it to version 3.3.2 and the issue was not reproduced.

I wanted to test this on the staging site, but the credentials were not working for me.

Please note, that you won't be able to update the Views plugin automatically from the Toolset Installer page, you can try from the Plugins page, and if it does not succeed, please download it and upload it manually.

Jamal,

Thank you for the update.

The staging site was created prior to the creation of this ticket. I have just added an Administrator account on that site (which is in the "after" state, with the plugins already updated). The WordPress user/pass are the same as the live site.

Perhaps this is an issue with my hosting, since you can't recreate it, but I encountered the same problem on live and staging. If you are able to view the staging site, would you potentially be able to determine why that shortcode is causing those three pages to never load?

If you would like SFTP access to the staging site, please allow me to send another private reply. Those credentials will be unique.

Thank you!

Jamal
Supporter

Please provide an administrator user and SFTP credentials to the staging site, I'll try to update the plugins there and check further. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

After updating both, Toolset Types and Views, to the latest release on the staging site, the issue disappeared. Check this screenshot, I was able to load the page in 4.37 seconds, while it still uses the Excerpt shortcode. hidden link

Please note, that you won't be able to update Toolset Views automatically, you will need to download the latest version from your downloads page, in the legacy plugins tab. https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins
Then you can upload it directly, similar to uploading a new plugin, WordPress will then offer a screen to let you replace the old version with the new one.

Jamal,

Thank you. I first updated Types to 3.4.2 and the problem persisted, but then I updated Views to 3.3.2 and the pages started loading properly again. Whether the fix was in one, or both plugins, thanks to you and to the team for helping figure out how to resolve the issue. I appreciate your time!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.