Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Plugin conflict with Toolset and GravityPerks Populate Anything

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The user has found a compatibility bug between Toolset and GravityPerks-Populate Anything plugin.
The fix that the user suggests is replacing "contains" by "includes" in wp-views/embedded/res/js/views_shortcodes_gui.js line 341

Solution:
Toolset does not enqueue a new version of underscore or lodash that is causing the issue. Toolset enqueues WordPress library. The plugin was importing its own copy of lodash that is conflicting with WordPress default library. We won't fix this error.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 22 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Living Passages Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Morning Jamal!

I have uploaded 2 zip files to the drive folder. SQL and the wp-content directory.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you!

I escalated this to our 2nd Tier for further analysis before escalating to developers. And I will keep you informed as soon as possible.

All the best!

Jamal
Supporter

With our 2nd Tier, we are still trying to understand the root cause of this issue. So far, we found that Beaver Builder does not work on the homepage, even with a default template, when the following plugins and their dependencies are activated:
Plugins:
- Views
- GP Populate Anything
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder
Dependencies:
- Gravity Forms
- GravityPerks
- Beaver Builder Plugin (Pro Version)
- Types

We would like to test with the latest releases of:
- GP Populate Anything version 1.0-beta-4.52
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder version 1.26.2

Can you please share these versions on the drive folder?

latest releases uploaded.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

According to our 2nd Tier, we won't actually fix our code to prevent this issue. We would like to have a contact email of the Populate Anything plugin authors to reach to them and suggest a proper fix.
For the moment, we think, that the plugin is not following WordPress Javascript interoperability guidelines. Lodash from the plugin should not override the global _ object.
https://make.wordpress.org/core/2018/12/06/javascript-packages-and-interoperability-in-5-0-and-beyond/

Our 2nd Tier recommends to contact all the plugins(involved in this issue) authors and let them know about this issue. If we have any contact email, we will reach to them and collaborate to fix it.

All the best.
Jamal

Hey Jamal,

Thanks for the update.

I don't have a direct email for their support - but I could attempt to get it if you require it.
Their website where you may have luck contacting them is: hidden link

Let me know if you need anything further from me.

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

Discussing this with our 2nd Tier, I am afraid, we can't do anything with the plugin's authors' website. We think that this could happen for the "Populate Anything" plugin with any other plugin that uses underscore. "Populate Anything" enqueues its own version of LoDash which is against WordPress guidelines. We believe this is a bug on the possible plugin and not really a compatibility conflict with Toolset.

Right now, we need you to report this to the theme authors and they can probably fix it, or reach to use for further assistance or copies of Toolset plugins toward testing or Toolset Integration.
Check my previous private reply(April 17, 2020 at 11:25 am), it has the email addresses of our 2nd Tier and our Support Manager, you can provide them to the plugin's authors.

All the best.

We are also having the issue, and it is caused by the Toolset Views plugin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.