Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Plugin Clashed

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 3 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Hi, previously I am using a plugin to embed my youtube video on my page:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-youtube-lyte/

The reason why I use it because it can do two things:
1. Instead of using the iframe, it actually saves the thumbnail of the video in my server and only loads the video if anybody clicks on the thumbnail. It helps a lot to save the page loading time.
2. It automatically embeds videoObject microdata as well.

Now, I realize that after its update yesterday, it cannot work with toolset views.

The page just breaks whenever there is a code from toolset views.

I really like this plugin. I wonder whether there is a way to get it to work with toolset views.

Screenshot before the upgrade:

hidden link (note that the table is made using toolset views plugin)

Screenshot after the upgrade:

hidden link (it breaks the page design, as well prevent any content below the toolset views code to load)

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suppose that the latest release of the plugin has a compatibility conflict with Toolset, but, we'll need to detect with what plugin, Types, Views, Blocks, etc.
For that reason, I created a new installation on our platform, Types plugin is installed and registered. I also installed the WP Rollback plugin to be able to install a different version of "WP YouTube Lyte" plugin.
Please activate the previous version, create a post to demonstrate that this was working before the update. Let me then update it, reproduce the issue, and then escalate it to our developers.

Credentials to the site are on my previous private reply(July 8, 2020 at 10:13 am).

Hi Jamal, thank you for the response. I have logged into the site you have prepared. I tried to install the toolset views, but I am not allowed to upload the toolset views plugin due to the big size. I also have installed the previous version of youtube lyte 1.7.11.

Jamal
Supporter

Toolset is registered on the website, you can install any Toolset plugin from Plugins->Add New->Commercial(tab)
hidden link

I installed and activated Toolset Views. Can you please reproduce the issue? Create the required example(post/page) or custom fields needed to, first, display a working example with the previous version of the plugin. Let me know on which URL I can see it.

Thank you for your collaboration.

I tried to produce the problem. but it does not succeed with only the layouts and views plugin.. If I were to reproduce everything I have installed on my site, it will be a lot of work.

Jamal
Supporter

Can you allow me temporary access to your website and let me see this closely, I'll try to understand the issue and reproduce it on our test installation.

If the issue is not reproducible, we can assume that this is not a bug, but rather an exception that appears only on your website, and I'll need to take a copy of your website for local debugging.

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **
Please provide as many details as possible, pages, content templates, URLs. That would help me get to the bottom of this issue quickly and we will avoid too many replies between us.

Hi Jamal, the youtube LYTE plugin creator has rectified the issue from their end. So, this issue is considered solved.

I still have a few questions. I see that toolset has marked toolset views and toolset layout as legacy plugins. Does it mean they won't be updated anymore?

Is there any tutorial of how the toolset blocks plugin can replace the toolset views and toolset layout plugin.

My site is designed with views and layouts. How can I migrate them to the blocks?

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you got a solution for that issue. I'll try to answer your questions below:

I see that toolset has marked toolset views and toolset layout as legacy plugins. Does it mean they won't be updated anymore?
Toolset Layouts is now on maintenance mode only, no more feature will be added to it. But we will still fix bugs if we encounter them. We will also fix issues on Toolset Views and we may add new features. But our main focus is moving toward a Block experience.
Currently, Blocks do not offer the same features Views offer. Our development team is working on that and we will get to a complete version in the coming months, but I can't tell when exactly.

Is there any tutorial of how the toolset blocks plugin can replace the toolset views and toolset layout plugin.
Our documentation team has released documentation mainly on the new block experience. And we are working on additional documentation. But we did not publish documentation specific to rebuilding a views based site to a blocks based site. Let us know on this support forum if you need assistance with something and we'll do our best to help.
You can still use the legacy views and shortcodes inside the "Classic" or "Fields & Text" blocks.

My site is designed with views and layouts. How can I migrate them to the blocks?
I'll suggest working on a development server instead of directly working on the live site. Work on each view, content template, archive template at a time, until you get all the features of your website ready, then you can migrate it to the live site.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.