Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Please improve this forum

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by suzyo Il y a 7 années.

Assisted by: Juan.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Find answers in the Toolset Professional Support

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/forum/support-2

I expected to see: A forum

Instead, I got: An unordered pile of information

Many customers here have asked for a better forum and it is said (by the moderators) to be on the todo list of the development team, but no eta is given. I agree with the many users who pointed this out. In fact this support forum is not a forum at all. It's search function is totally insufficient - lacking basic functions like AND, OR and literal phrases - and this huge and fast growing pile of potentially useful information lacks even the least structure to navigate it. In fact the only way to - maybe - find anything in here is to browse forward one by one through thousands of 'search results'.

You would do the community of paying customers - and your support staff too btw - a huge favor by installing something like phpBB, which has all the features a support forum needs: sub-forums, proper search, threads, user management, moderator support etc.
Why not use a proven and excellent tool like this open source forum instead of trying to build something yourself? You could have it installed tomorrow with zero effort by your development team (which should not be developing user forums anyway but stick to working on the ever improving Toolset suite).

Just my 2 cents.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Erik

Thanks for the feedback.

I just checked with out systems team, and we have some improvements coming to the support furm. We are always looking to improve, and we consider that our support forum is a tool that allows us to provide great support, so we appreciate any realistic suggestions that relate with this.

The main goals of the improvement we have planned and currently under development are:
* improve the way we search in the support forum for resolved tickets that can help in looking for answers already provided
* link the support forum with our extended documentation so that helpful articles are handy and presented when needed
* simplify the process for adding a ticket, but at the same time request needed information that will allow a more timely response from the support team

As soon as we are happy with these development and made a full QA for them we will launch the new version of the support forum. I hope that our changes related to searching will pu us in a pat that you find helpful.

Regards.

Please, please, please do this. Using your "support" "forum" is literally PAINFUL. (Literally, as in it is headache-inducing.)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.