Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Plans for new Divi Visual Builder on the backend

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
I want to suggest a new feature for Toolset. Where and how can I do that? How to add my voice to the request(s) discussed in the below thread?

Solution:
You can suggest, and upvote (add your voice to, request as well) new features for Toolset here:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Toolset's Product Management receives a notification and accordingly evaluates and plans features for Toolset.

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 5 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Divi just introduced their new Visual Builder for the backend. At the moment it is not compatible with Toolset's Divi integration for creating content templates and won't load templates under the Visual Builder so one needs to switch back to the regular builder to work on the templates.

Are there plans to update to be compatible with the new visual builder. I realise that in terms of the preview feature there would be an issue on what to render against in terms of what data to show. In the meantime if we are using Divi set up for the visual builder on all non-toolset related design can we have the templates load to the old builder or, in the long run, just load the wireframe without the preview options.

Divi-builder-backend.jpg
Third-party-buttons.jpg

Just want to add some extra info. I previous versions of Divi when using the visual builder on the front end the settings panels that provided input for text used a customised version of TinyMCE. This excluded all third party plugin buttons. the only button displayed was the Add Media button, I am presuming because there would not be much more room for any other elements in such a cramped space. Now the new visual builder on the back end and the old one are sporadically showing buttons for third party plugins. These are bunched up. I've attached some images.

The Fields & Views button partially works in that it will pressent the overlay panel but when you try to add a shortcode it doesn't add it.

I have opened a ticket with Dive but their tech support that this is an issue that must be addressed by vendors of those plugins. Not sure I am convinced about this as TinyMCE in Divi are its customisation. That being said, it would be useful if the Fields & Views could be accessed by this button.

I also included a shot of the buttons in the usual builder interface that we have been using for a while. Note the inconsistancy in the vertical alignment of labels in the buttons.

Hi Toolset Team,

also I would like to know if you are going to update Content Template compatibility with New Divi Builder?

Thanks for the information.

I will respond to the Feature Request here, not to the bug and problem reports, please add them to each a new ticket so Supporters can handle them if any.

Related to the new builder of DIVI, I am familiar with the Visual Composer (WPBakery Page Builder) applied by the Theme, which is also still what is delivered in the latest DIVI version.

There, everything works on the front end, there is no backend editor for the Builder, as far I see.

Can you explain to me how I use the 3rd party software to actually get what you mention in the backend?
Or, maybe I misunderstand the report, please feel free to correct me.

Hi Beda,

So, if you used Toolset Types and Views with the Divi integration for content templates up until recently, you worked with the back end interface provided by Divi. This was limited it did not have all of the features that come with Divi's frontend visual builder (like the backend builder but a bit more advanced.

Last week Elegant Themes updated Divi so that now the same front end visual builder is now available in the back end. Toolset content templates still work as you can opt to use the older back end builder. If you do decide to use the new visual builder on regular pages and then go to work on a content template using Toolset's Divi integration, the visual builder interface won't load properly, I guess because it is trying to render something that is there only there as shortcode placeholders. Switching between the builder types is a site-wide action. The work around is to open a regular page using the Divi visual builder and switch to the older builder, update, go back to the template update/refresh and all is back to a working builder page.

There are a number of solutions to this.

Configure Toolset content templates to load the old builder, overriding the users selection of using Divi's new visual builder experience on all other pages.

Re-engineer Toolset's integration to use the visual builder. You may have to limit to just using the wireframe, making it not so visual anymore, to get over having issues rendering abstract shortcodes.

The second option is the most desirable as it allows users to access all the features that have been available in the front end visual builder for a long time.

I understand. It seems all related to the bugs, hence there would not be a feature to be added, but these bugs to be solved:
https://toolset.com/errata/divi-builder-throws-a-404-when-editing-a-content-template-with-it/
https://toolset.com/errata/divi-front-end-builder-throws-js-errors-when-loading-and-when-clicking-toolset-gui-buttons-in-divi-modules/
https://toolset.com/errata/visual-composer-button-missing-when-editing-content-template/
https://toolset.com/errata/editing-content-templates-with-divi-gutenberg-deactivated-throws-js-error-and-fatal-php-errors/

I think once those are fixed, the issue you describe should be resolved, as then you would have to make the choice with the DIVI Builder and as far I know, the choice for the new editor is optional in WP if Gutenberg is not active, but active by default if you use Gutenberg - or is there as well a setting to change that if you have Gutenberg active? I could not see that in this case.

However, I think the issues you meant to report, are known. The request per se, if we solve those issues, should be solved as well.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.