Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Passing text field to custom taxonomy

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 8 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Is it possible to do the following with red forms?

I have a custom taxonomy (locations of the UK) that has 1800 terms. In a CRED form, i want the user to be able to select their location but using either checkboxes or select boxes is way too complicated for the user.

Is it possible to user either a text box that automatically uses the text to show the nearest match to what they typed, or to actually find the location and then select this ?

It seems complicated but shouldn't be but i need a bit of guidance

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

That's only possible (in WordPress by default) with "flat" taxonomies (like tags).

So if your Taxonomy is "flat" like the WordPress Default "Tags", (non-hierarchical), you can start typing in the CRED Form Field and after at a least 3 Characters a list of similar, available Tags will appear

This is not possible with Hierarchical Taxonomies

DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred-field
cred_field > Parameters:
‘display’=> [optional] Used by fields for Hierarchical Taxonomies (like Categories) to signify the mode of display (ie. “select” or “checkbox”)

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Passing text field to custom taxonomy’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.