Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Passing Category argument to a View that selects Taxonomies

This support ticket is created Il y a 9 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Erik Il y a 9 années et 5 mois.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Auteur
Publications
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Is there a way to supply a list of Category names to a View that selects Taxonomy of type Category, to use? I was hoping for something like: [wpv-view name="parentsView" cat="Parent1, Parent2"]

My View "parentsView" selects Taxonomies and the "Value set by View shortcode attribute" isn't available. Currently I have to "hard-code" the parent Categories in the View.

My goal is to have a page that displays posts from *some* categories and *some* of their sub-categories, in a manually controlled layout.

Parent1
Child1

Parent3
Child4
Thanks!

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Erik,

For the time being there are some limitations to achieve this.

In Views there is an option to set the categories by Taxonomy term-> set by the current page. You can add the taxonomy Category to Pages, and then select the ones you wants to show in that page. It is not quite a good solution, because then you can not have two different Views per page and so, but for the moment it could work.

---
With Regards

Bigul

Ok, thanks. I'll work around the issue for now, but it would be great to pass the category name to a Taxonomy View!

Thanks,
-Erik