Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Paginated URLs

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Paginate a list and have normal looking URLs

I visited this URL: Support forum

I expected to see: a solution

Instead, I got: not a solution

I have a View that displays a list of my custom posts
I have turned on pagination, but the URLS for the pages look like this:
MYDOMAIN.COM/?wpv_view_count=627&wpv_paged=2

The posts in the forum suggested getting the plugin WP-PageNavi and inserting code into functions.php . There were lots of different versions of what code to insert and I've tried them all, but the WP-PageNavi buttons won't work.

Please help.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

It is not possible to prettify the urls by removing the parameters, I'm afraid.

Those are added by—and required by—Views for the pagination of views to work.

The WP-PageNavi plugin is for modifying how the page navigation links look like, but can't help you use different URLs than the ones Views generates.

I see. How come for my taxonomy archive the WP Types pagination creates nice looking page urls
i.e.
category/term/page/#

I've tried following the methods listed to at least get the WP-PageNavi controls working, but that's not working. Can someone please take a look?

Thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

I think the difference is that for archive pages Views is working with the existing WordPress structure, but when you are displaying a View on a page or in a content template etc. it is doing something which is not part of standard WordPress, including the ability to add multiple views to the same page (and how would Views know to which view the /page/# was referring?).

Regarding getting WP-PageNavi to work, I can try and help you with that (I haven't used it before so can't promise that it will work, but together we can see whether it does).

Can you give me specific information about what you are displaying?

You have a custom post type, and you are displaying these posts in a view? With any particular filters? And where are you adding the view?

How do you want the pagination to look and work?

I have a custom post type

On the home page, I've inserted a view that displays the most recent posts of this custom post type
I only want to show a certain amount, like 16, then have pages that the user can browse through to see all the posts

If you send me a private message I can provide you with login information

Thanks very much.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Jeffrey

I don't really need the credentials to log in to your site, what you are describing is fairly standard.

What I need to know is how you want your pagination to appear.

You can already, within Views, customise how the pagination links should be output, so it may be that you don't need an additional plugin to get the result you want.

Please read through this page to learn more: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

If you have a particular style of pagination controls you want and are having problems getting it to work then let me know and I will see if I can help.

I would suggest trying to integrate a third-party plugin to do something similar would be a last resort.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Paginated URLs’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.