Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Other questions with Toolset Views legacy plugin other questions.

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

If I turn of Toolset View plugin and enable Toolset Blocks, will I have ability to play with my old views created under Toolset View plugin?

Solution:

Toolset Blocks is advanced version of Toolset Views plugin, you can activate Toolset Blocks plugin, it will deactivate Toolset Views plugin automatically, and you can still use classic editor to play with your old views by these:

Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", enable option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build".

Refresh the page, and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by zeljko-turkaljS Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Hi Luo, thanks for your response.

I managed to find some workaround solution before your post, which is honestly not a bad thing :). But with Toolset Views legacy plugin. Which now brings another questions.

I see that all toolset tutorials are now based on new Toolset Blocks framework. Our solution which we offer to our clients is based on old as you call that legacy Toolset View plugin.

First question
===
If I turn of Toolset View plugin and enable Toolset Blocks, will I have ability to play with my old views created under Toolset View plugin?

Second question
===
If I'm able to play with my views if new Toolset Blocks module is turned on and Toolset View turned off, do you have integration for Visual Composer (bakery plugin)? Do you have only integration with Gutenberg, default WordPress editor, which we are not using.

Third question
===
Do you plan to delete from your repository Toolset Views plugin, if yes for how long will you have updates for this plugin?

Thanks for your feedback
Sasa

Q1) Yes, Toolset Blocks is advanced version of Toolset Views plugin, you can activate Toolset Blocks plugin, it will deactivate Toolset Views plugin automatically, and you can still use classic editor to play with your old views by these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editing experience", enable option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build".
Refresh the page, and test again.

Q2) Toolset Blocks plugin is based on WordPress Blocks editor(Gutenberg), both Blocks editor and Visual Composer are page builders, it is not recommended to use both of them to design the same page/post.

We don't have integration for Visual Composer, see our document:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/

Q3) No, we don't have such a plan yet, and we recommend you use Toolset Blocks plugin in your new projects.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.