Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Open an edit form in a separate page instead of the connected post type

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to edit his posts in a new separate page specifically for post editing.

Solution:
This is actually possible to do and the way to do it requires a small setup process.

First what you need to do is create a page that will hold the form itself and then add your equivalent of this shortcode to this page.

[cred_form form='1467' form_name='Edit Post' post="[wpv-search-term param='post_id']"]

We used the [wpv-search-term] shortcode to dynamically load a different form based on the id that is passed in the url.

Next you need to go to your post/content template and hard link to the form page.

<a href='domain.com/form-page?post_id=[wpv-post-id]'>Edit Post</a>
This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by JackO Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I have a custom post type and a CRED form to edit the content. This CRED form opens in the connected post type. This is not great, because all other fields, sidebars, widgets etcetera are still on the page and the CRED form is loaded in between them. Leading to a very cluttered and confusing page.

(URL' are as an example, the site I am working on is not live yet)

hidden link

I would like to open the edit form in a separate clean page, like:

hidden link
or: hidden link

The URL is not that important, but the page where the user edits the listing should have just the CRED edit form without any additonal content like a featured image, widgets, etcetera.

How to do this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jack,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This is actually possible to do and the way to do it requires a small setup process.

First what you need to do is create a page that will hold the form itself and then add your equivalent of this shortcode to this page.

[cred_form form='1467' form_name='Edit Post' post="[wpv-search-term param='post_id']"]

We used the [wpv-search-term] shortcode to dynamically load a different form based on the id that is passed in the url.

Next you need to go to your post/content template and hard link to the form page.

<a href='domain.com/form-page?post_id=[wpv-post-id]'>Edit Post</a>

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Please keep me posted

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately this does not work yet. The ID in the link is filled in correctly, but in the edit-page the CRED form is not loaded.

Things I checked:
- The Access Control is set correctly
- The "standard" edit URL works (same CRED form)
- The correct CRED form is on the page. If I access the page without passing the ID, there is an error that there is a wrong post type combination.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jack,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jack,

I found the issue 🙂

You had cred_link_form when it should just be cred_form if you want the form itself to be rendered.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Works great indeed, thanks a lot 🙂

I have been staring at my screen for too long, apparently.

Have a nice day!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.