Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Number validation not working if conditional display is set on another field

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Field validation does not work in Block editor.

Solution:

This is fixed in the latest version of Toolset Types plugin.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by lindsayH Il y a 3 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
With Condition - will save non numerical.png
Condition Set.png
Without Condition.png

The number field's slug is total-years. If I set a condition on the following field then I can save a post without any message\error appearing - total-years is a number field and should error if I type in five (for example). The condition on the field quote-identity is: empty($(total-years))
So if Total Years = nothing, don't show the Select field (quote-identity)

The condition itself works as expected, i.e. if something entered in Total Years, then Quote Identity disappears from the screen, but then the validation doesn't work as noted above.
If I remove the condition, the validation works.

Hello,

Are you using Blocks editor to create/edit the post?

I have tried it in my localhost with the setting you mentioned above, after fill value "FIVE" into "Total Years" field, save the post, refresh browser, I see the field "total-years" is empty, can you confirm it?

Yes. Blocks Editor.

If a previously saved post and I enter in a word like Five, and refresh, it reverts back to the originally saved number (5).

If it's brand new and I refresh, yes it goes back to being empty.

Hope that helps. Lins

Thanks for the confirmation, I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Here is the feedback from our developers, this is fixed in next version of Types plugin 3.1.11, which is under QA status, but I am not sure when will it be released.

Toolset Types plugin 3.3.11, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
please test it, check if the problem is fixed, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.