Skip Navigation

[Résolu] notices and warnings when creating a new user

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 12 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 2 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Can you tell me why the following error messages might be getting displayed. I created a new WordPress username "kmckeon" set to the "Author" role, but the following error message is displayed at the top of the wp-admin page when logging in (see attached screenshot). I tried creating a custom role called "Resource - Author" and the same error messages appear. Can you point me in the right direction to getting this troubleshooted? Thanks.

additional-error-message.PNG

Hi Jamal,

I wanted to follow up with an additional screenshot, this one showing an error message on the front-end. The form being displayed is "Form-Message-New". Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to getting this one figured out.

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Aaron,

I am sorry, but I did not reproduce any of the above issues. I first checked a clean install using PHP 7.4.1 and I could not reproduce the issue when creating a new user.
So, then, I built a copy of your website and tried again. The issue was not reproduced. I also tried the form, and I was able to create a new post without generating any of the logs.

Because the error was not reproduced, there is nothing to debug.

Best regards,
Jamal

Hi Jamal,

I'm hoping you can escalate this and continue to provide support. The error is only happening when Toolset Access is activated. I'm using a build-in WordPress role ("author") and it works just fine with Access deactivated, but produces errors when Access is activated. To me, it sounds like something about Toolset is triggering this. Thanks in advance for anything else you can do to help troubleshoot - this is the last thing stopping me from going live with this website.

- Aaron

PS: I have also tried deactivating all other plugins besides Toolset and reverting to Twenty-Twenty, but the error still happens. Deactivating Toolset Access is the ONLY thing that seems to stop this.

Hi Jamal,

As a follow-up to my previous reply, I thought I would post the exact line of code WordPress is saying is causing an issue, in case it didn't transfer over from our chat conversation. Line 464 of permissions_post_types.php is throwing an "undefined index" error related to "permissions".

$post_type_permissions = $types_settings[ $post_type['post_type_slug'] ]['permissions'];

Thanks again for continued support.

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Aaron,

Can you provide FTP access to let me check the logs and also edit that file to try to spot what custom post type is presenting this. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Aaron,

I wanted to investigate the notices and warnings on your website, but they seem to disappear.

I created two test users(Subscriber and Author) and the warnings and notices were not reproduced.
I tested the form in this URL without reproducing any warnings or notices hidden link

So, I checked the server information and I see that you switched back to PHP 7.4.1 hidden link

Do you still encounter these issues? What steps should I follow to reproduce them?

ts-test2.PNG

Hi Jamal,

I tried logging in as ts-test2 and am receiving the error messages. See screenshot. Can you think of a reason why it would be happening on my computer but not yours?

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Aaron,

It seems that when you choose to have the same permissions of posts in Media post type, this notice appears for users with the author role. Check this screenshot hidden link

I was able to reproduce this issue on a clean install, so I'll escalate it to our 2nd Tier for further analysis. Once we got more information about it, I'll let you know.

So, currently, if you can choose the default permissions for the Media post type, this notice will disappear. Let me know if you need to set the permissions similarly to the post type, and if you can explain why would you choose it, that would be great.

Hi Jamal,

This seems to have resolved the issue, thanks - I'm all set. Do you want me to leave the ticket open since you still have some resolution to do on your end? Thanks again - I appreciate your looking deeper into this one.

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier has escalated this case to the developers and we'll address it in the future. Because it is a minor issue, it may take some while before it is fixed.

I would suggest marking this ticket as resolved. But if you need me to get back to you when this is addressed we can keep it open.

Thanks again.

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Aaron,

I just want to let you know that this bug has been fixed and released in this week's update.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.