Skip Navigation

[Résolu] New version Post fields (curly brackets) don't function with Divi GLOBAL modules

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 4 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Display a post field in a Divi global module

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: The content of the field displayed

Instead, I got: The code as written.

Whoops. Submitted without comment. The new version style of inserting "{!{" does not function in a Divi GLOBAL MODULE. It works fine in a non-global module. However, if I change the curly bracket set back to the standard brackets, the inserted field function perfectly. Minor inconvenience to make this change but you should find a fix for it ... right? The URL shows a post field both ways. With the new curly brackets and with the standard brackets (that work).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Kenneth

You are right. I tested this and found the same.

Let me escalate this so that it can be fixed.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Any progress on this? Doubles my development time having to manually change curly brackets to regular brackets. And the odd thing is that I've never found the regular brackets not functioning. Why was this change made?

Hi, Nigel is out today but will return tomorrow to follow up with you about this ticket.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Kenneth

Divi handles the parsing of shortcodes differently with Global Modules than with standard Modules and our developers have investigated this and found that as it currently stands we cannot make any changes to get round this.

We filed a request (19 days ago) with Divi for them to add a filter we can hook a callback function to in this process, which would mean we are able to fix this, but they are yet to reply.

We use the custom curly brace format because Views needs to use a custom shortcode parser. WordPress doesn't allow the use of shortcodes as arguments in shortcodes, which is commonly used in Views shortcodes, hence the need for a custom shortcode parser. The curly brace format prevents page builders from prematurely parsing shortcodes before Views has a chance to intervene and use its custom shortcode parser.

I'll get a notification when we get an update from Divi and are able to progress this, and will let you know.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

How do I post a PRIVATE response on this topic? I would like to provide a bit of feedback that is not currently relevant publicly. Am I missing that option. I don't see it as an option for a response. Thanks.

I can activate private reply fields here so you can provide any private feedback related to this ticket. You can provide dummy information for the server connections.

If you have more general feedback about support, you can use the feedback form here: https://toolset.com/need-help-toolset/

I received your input, thanks. May I kindly ask you submit this information to the general support forum at https://toolset.com/need-help-toolset ? That form is here to put your general support comments in front of management and key decision-makers.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Kenneth

If you are still receiving updates to this thread I have a little news, which is to say that Divi have finally opened up lines of communication with us after a long interval.

Their developers don't think there is much if any demand to fix the issue of using shortcodes as attributes of other shortcodes, which breaks with Divi Global Modules, and so if you would like the issue resolved (which requires input from Divi) then it would be helpful if you reported the issue to Divi support.

It is described here: https://toolset.com/errata/shortcodes-with-attributes-populated-by-shortcodes-are-not-evaluated-properly-in-divi-global-modules/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.