Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Needing advice on how to approach listings setup

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Tia Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Tia.

Auteur
Publications

Nothing is wrong, I'm just looking for advice so that I set this up properly.

I am building a site for a discount card company. Local businesses purchase memberships and their businesses are then listed in the site. It works in many cities, so I need to a) be able to show a listing of all cities currently utilizing the discount card, b) display the businesses by city, and c) sort those businesses by category (e.g. automotive, dining, entertainment, etc).

The businesses who purchase a higher membership are also given a full post where they can display additional info.

Here's what I'm thinking should be the approach, but please let me know if I'm off or there is a better way.

1. Set up Cities as a Custom Post Type
2. Set up Businesses as a Custom Post Type and connect the relationship to Cities as a one-to-many with Cities as the Parent.
3. Set up Categories for the Businesses as normal categories (e.g. automotive, dining, entertainment, etc)
4. Build a custom search for the page that displays Cities and a custom search for the Cities pages that display Businesses and use the categories to refine the searches.

Does all that seem right? Is that the best approach?

Next I want to make it possible for the top-level memberships to be able to update content for their own page. Is it best to use the Access and CRED plugins for this? This piece I haven't done before... I don't want front-end content posting available to everyone, just the top level members.

Thoughts?

I'm very grateful for your help!

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Just letting you know I have received your inquiry and I am currently taking a careful look at your requirements. I will respond with feedback as soon as possible.

Tia

I am building a site for a discount card company.

You are correct with your assessment on how everything fits together. I would also like to mention the Google Maps feature that should tie in beautifully with this as well: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

Another way, perhaps more simpler way, would be to set Cities up as a custom taxonomy with hierarchy but the way you suggest would also work:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/create-custom-taxonomies/

Next I want to make it possible for the top-level memberships to be able to update content for their own page. Is it best to use the Access and CRED plugins for this? This piece I haven't done before

This is also correct. This may be helpful to you as well:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Needing advice on how to approach listings setup’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.